Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Knuckle draggers in North

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Probably one of the best games to be at yesterday, unfortunately it was tainted by some racist abuse in the first half (directed at a man u player), we got the bloke thrown out but his mates decided to make a bigger deal out of it. I'm one row down from the back just outside the police box. About 15 lads have turned up this season trying to cram into about 4 seats. Chants about Ronaldos dead kid too. I often comment on it being like a scene from the hills have eyes up there.
Progress? We're moving backwards if anything.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Jesus. Whatever you think of Ronaldo it’s completely wrong to sing about his dead child, up there with racist abuse. Are they the same lot that sing the offensive Mwepu song?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Probably one of the best games to be at yesterday, unfortunately it was tainted by some racist abuse in the first half (directed at a man u player), we got the bloke thrown out but his mates decided to make a bigger deal out of it. I'm one row down from the back just outside the police box. About 15 lads have turned up this season trying to cram into about 4 seats. Chants about Ronaldos dead kid too. I often comment on it being like a scene from the hills have eyes up there.

Fair play for getting the bloke thrown out, hopefully he'll get a ban. As for the rest, surely the stewards should be getting a bit more involved? A fantastic day can easily be ruined by a minority of morons.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Fair play for getting the bloke thrown out, hopefully he'll get a ban. As for the rest, surely the stewards should be getting a bit more involved? A fantastic day can easily be ruined by a minority of morons.

Do you think it’s a bit too much for stewards? I think that’s a police matter. I know a couple of stewards, elderly fellas who wouldn’t say boo to a goose.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I hate the over-sanitisation of football these days, but this mob sound like scum.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Do you think it’s a bit too much for stewards? I think that’s a police matter. I know a couple of stewards, elderly fellas who wouldn’t say boo to a goose.

PB has mentioned that at times, given the CCTV coverage that they identify the idiots and deal with such issues after the game to avoid escalating the problem. Hopefully with one idiot being thrown out the Club/Police will look closely at his mates and deal with that in the coming days.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I’m not and you’re not and neither is the vast majority of the Amex crowd. You are over generalizing. There were a hell of a lot more knuckleheads at football in the 70s and 80s. No comparison really.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Hopefully a ban is dished out and the other morons won't be far behind.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

There is no reason why normal people should have to put up with these moronic little shits. Well done for standing up for normal people and getting him thrown out :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
PB has mentioned that at times, given the CCTV coverage that they identify the idiots and deal with such issues after the game to avoid escalating the problem. Hopefully with one idiot being thrown out the Club/Police will look closely at his mates and deal with that in the coming days.

Can't help but feel it would be better if the club confronted the problem head-on in real time. They've got the stewards, they've got the cameras, the vermin are right there, right then. Why not show a duty of care to those decent 'customers' having their 'match day experience' ruined while it's actually happening? Retrospective cctv analysis just seems like a half-arsed labour-intensive cop-out :shrug:

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can't help but feel it would be better if the club confronted the problem head-on in real time. They've got the stewards, they've got the cameras, the vermin are right there, right then. Why not show a duty of care to those decent 'customers' having their 'match day experience' ruined while it's actually happening? Retrospective cctv analysis just seems like a half-arsed labour-intensive cop-out :shrug:

Retrospective action means the knuckle heads can never be sure they’ve got away with it

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
If you know the four seats they always occupy send the details to the club. Even if you are unsure but they are always in the same place, tell them anyway.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Not sure if mentioned on another thread but trouble at top of stairs to coach park after game . One guy clearly been punched in face ripped shirt and blood another guy held against wall by lift having been arrested by police for Affray (overheard as walked by)
Anyone else witness this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not sure if mentioned on another thread but trouble at top of stairs to coach park after game . One guy clearly been punched in face ripped shirt and blood another guy held against wall by lift having been arrested by police for Affray (overheard as walked by)

No, it was all low key from my experience with no hint of any trouble.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

Yes, I mentioned the chap at the top of the stairs on another thread with blood all over his place and police around him ... one speaking with him.

I could see the ripped Brighton top as I walked past him. Sounded like they knew who was responsible - a particular group of Utd fans was mentioned.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
It is noticeable that over the last couple of seasons we have attracted a fair few followers who appear to have modeled themselves on characters from Green Street, complete with mockney accents.

Such is the price of success I suppose.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Yes, I mentioned the chap at the top of the stairs on another thread with blood all over his place and police around him ... one speaking with him.

I could see the ripped Brighton top as I walked past him. Sounded like they knew who was responsible - a particular group of Utd fans was mentioned.

They had one arrested against the wall where you exit the lift up top
Heard them tell him he was under arrest for “Affray”

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
My son sat there until the pandemic came, I joined him a few times when there was a no-show next to him in that row.

We often got boxed in by about 12 people trying to take our seats plus 4 others, with a “You don’t mind do ya mate?”

Yes I know this goes on at away games, but at home week after week it was fecking uncomfortable.

Well done for taking action. No doubt someone will post “never be a grass” in this thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here