Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Cucurella only needs a goal to sew up POTS"

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My exact words 5 minutes before kick off yesterday.

fat-lady-singing-icegif-2.gif

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Veltman's gotta have to put Ronny in the stands if he wants PotS"..

My exact words after Cucu scored

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You could see exactly how much that goal meant to him, the lad was practically in tears. New heart and soul of the Albion and fully deserving of POTS

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Was discussing the very same thing with [MENTION=2405]Fourteenth Eye[/MENTION] and the Roar lads before the game.

Specifically, Cucu's lack of radar was mentioned with my son suggesting maybe he should aim for the corner flag and then he'd score.

And then.......... :lolol:

Beautiful goal though and clearly meant so much to him, plus he was already my player of the season.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No point having a vote now is there? Pots decided

Just between me and you, I think it was pretty well decided before yesterday's goal and ensuing celebration. And as Stat Bruv has already pointed out above, the fact that Ronnie walked off the pitch yesterday meant that Velt's had blown his outside chance :wink:

Stumpy Tim

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I just don't understand how anyone with any hope of being a journalist would think of writing that. Why on earth would we sell our Player of the Season, who has 4 years left on his contract, for a £2m profit? Utterly baffling "report"

Not just a figure, a ‘precise’ figure of exactly £17.1m! :lolol::facepalm:

I mean honestly. Come back with £47.1m and there might be a starting conversation, but that would be it, a starting conversation!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't do Twitter but apparently Adam Virgo has tweeted a photo of my great nephew

Oliver.jpg

Training up the next generation :wink:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Either Veltman or cucurella pots for me. Both consistent performers all season. Cucu is more flashy. Velts had a dip when the whole team did, but he is an unsung hero & if you meet him in the street - a thoroughly nice bloke

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I just don't understand how anyone with any hope of being a journalist would think of writing that. Why on earth would we sell our Player of the Season, who has 4 years left on his contract, for a £2m profit? Utterly baffling "report"

Probably because we gave away Dan Burn for peanuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Either Veltman or cucurella pots for me. Both consistent performers all season. Cucu is more flashy. Velts had a dip when the whole team did, but he is an unsung hero & if you meet him in the street - a thoroughly nice bloke

I think most of our players can be described as pretty nice blokes can't they? That's what l like about the modern Albion, we don't seem to have any particularly flashy gits or big time Charlie's. Just a squad of honest professionals trying to do their very best.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The guy is CL level and heading for big things. Clearly loves the club and enjoying his time here I think he will stay next season then the game is up and he will go for top money.

Imagine if in potters system we had Bruno in his prime on the right and Cucurella on the left

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think most of our players can be described as pretty nice blokes can't they? That's what l like about the modern Albion, we don't seem to have any particularly flashy gits or big time Charlie's. Just a squad of honest professionals trying to do their very best.

Possibly one exception with Maupay. Presumably you saw him yesterday once again stropping off down the tunnel again right after the final whistle . Even Duffy who is likely to go was out there celebrating .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here