Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone sat near some GLUM faces yesterday?

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
We had a couple of spectators behind us with faces like THUNDER yesterday, while sat in front were two who looked...well.....just glum.

My second favourite part of the day! :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A fair few newbies in the ESL.
Considerably more than usual rolls of film was being used.

Bonusprint is going to be very busy today

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Had two in front of me in the North - no worries, they kept quiet (obviously!)

I can hardly complain, as I did the same a few weeks ago at Spurs!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Was very surprised that there were no obvious Man U supporters near us. Usually spot an undercover away fan when big 6 clubs visit but all the new faces seemed to be Albion fans.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We had a couple of spectators behind us with faces like THUNDER yesterday, while sat in front were two who looked...well.....just glum.

My second favourite part of the day! :lolol:

Always good to drag them into the goal celebrations as though you think they’re Albion fans, celebrating arms all over them, back pats, making sure you knock into them as you flail, making them jump around with you, fantastic.

:D

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Yep, bloke and his young lad. 1901 so allowed but I hope he didn't pay too much.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
No, although the chaps with scouse accents haven't been seen in my bit of WSL since the Liverpool game...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Quite a few newbies in our block yesterday, arms folded when the third went in.

Them aside I can’t understand why the regular 79 minute crew behind me still kept their tradition on a day like yesterday

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Couple of young lads with dad in the iTalk Lounge, kids had faces like thunder at half time, properly furious, or as furious as 10 year olds can be. Didn’t catch them at FT, [emoji1]

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Nothing up near me, all the usual faces, the only exception being two new guys sat behind me but we all went bat shit together when we scored. Not a half and half scarf to be seen.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Two very GLUM chaps near me in WSU who left with good humoured sheepishness on about 75 minutes.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I met two on the WSU who had got tickets through a friend.

I didn't see them at half time or full time. Wish I had!

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Two in front of me in 1901. I did a particularly loud rendition of Sussex by the Sea and a raucous celebration for our first goal. Didn’t see them for for second half

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Two very GLUM chaps near me in WSU who left with good humoured sheepishness on about 75 minutes.

There were two on the same row as us, also in WSU. To make it even better there are two blokes who sit directly behind where they are, one of whom is old school Brighton and the other is a scouse who moved here years ago and still has the accent. When the first went in the scouser had already clocked them and gave them a great big hug and started in on what a fantastic goal it was. They disappeared to the bar soon after that and only came back straight after our second goal. Third goal goes in and the same thing happened again :lolol: . They'd left by the fourth.

A good mate of mine was there with his son. Born in Manchester and former OT regular but again lived here for over 20 years and his son is a mad keen Brighton fan. They have season tickets in the East. The dad was very resigned, having sat through a whole bunch of draws and losses to see us finally take it out on his other team (and, I suspect, will be getting absolute PELTERS from his son for a few days).

The irony was there were a couple of big gaps in the away end, which I've never seen with United anywhere before.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
4 utd fans behind us. N1A family stand.

After the first went in, I looked back and all 4 were sitting down, no emotion at all.

Same for the other 3 goals. They kept quite, all game, and were gone by 82mins

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here