Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Albion v Man Utd

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 7th May 2022
Kick-off: 17:30 BST
Referee: Andrew Madley
Assistants: Darren Cann, Adrian Holmes
Fourth Official: John Brooks
VAR: Chris Kavanagh
Additional VAR: Sian Massey-Ellis

TEAM NEWS

Brighton will be without midfielder Enock Mwepu due to a groin injury.

Jeremy Sarmiento remains out with a hamstring issue while Jakub Moder is the only long-term absentee.

Manchester United captain Harry Maguire is set to return after missing the past three games with a knee injury.

Fellow defender Eric Bailly is struggling with a back complaint and Marcus Rashford has been ruled out through illness.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Manchester United have won the past seven meetings in all competitions.
    [*=left]Brighton's three victories in 27 competitive matches against United have all come at home (D5, L19).
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have won three of their past five top-flight matches, as many as they managed in their previous 25.
    [*=left]However, Graham Potter's side have gone eight Premier League home games without victory (D4, L4).
    [*=left]Each of the Seagull's last five league wins have come away.
    [*=left]Danny Welbeck has scored in his last four starts against Manchester United in all competitions.
    [*=left]Leandro Trossard has three goals in his last four league appearances, doubling his tally from the previous 24 top-flight outings.
Man Utd

• [*=left]Manchester United have lost their past four Premier League away games, their worst run since they suffered six successive away defeats between December 1980 and March 1981.
    [*=left]The Red Devils are 12 points worse off than at this stage last season.
    [*=left]United have conceded 30 Premier League away goals this term, the most they've shipped in a top-flight season since 1989-90.
    [*=left]Bruno Fernandes has been involved in six goals in four league meetings with Brighton, with four goals and two assists.
    [*=left]Cristiano Ronaldo has scored six times in his last four top-flight appearances, as many as he mustered in his previous 13 matches.

Graham Potter's Man Utd Press Conference

[tweet]1522961957292281859[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1522961957292281859

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I cannot share the confidence. It is still Man U and one slip and they will hurt you. So no predictions and little expectations from me. But ... you never know. If we play well, and they do not, and the ball runs for us , who can say?
Either way , win draw or lose it is still :albion2:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I cannot share the confidence. It is still Man U and one slip and they will hurt you. So no predictions and little expectations from me. But ... you never know. If we play well, and they do not, and the ball runs for us , who can say?
Either way , win draw or lose still :albion2:

They could quite easily have three shots on target and score them all. They seemed to score with every shot at the Amex last season, why should today be different?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Looking forward to this. Got our tails up and we gave them a good go at OT until HT.

Hope it's a good entertaining game where we really go for it. More bothered about that than the result tbh, but a win would be great.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I often worry with injuries robbing us of options like Mwepu, Sarmiento and Moder today. But this is often when Potterball seems to be at it's best pulling something unexpected out of the hat :albion2:

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I often worry with injuries robbing us of options like Mwepu, Sarmiento and Moder today. But this is often when Potterball seems to be at it's best pulling something unexpected out of the hat :albion2:

I wonder if we'll bring in Lallana for Mwepu?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Let’s get at them early and secure our mathematical premier safety with a famous home victory to top off the season.

Saying that if Burnley loose to Villa we are officially staying up, but I see a Burnley win today

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Please can we at least play a good game. They are there to be beaten, heck we've just taken north London. We can do it, we just need to play well.
Plus, for the first time in a while, that 31600 will almost be real.
And for gods sake drop Hey Jude and shove on Run Boy Run LOUD in the pre match build up.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Just seen the 'pre-match brief' email from the club - "Thank you for buying a ticket for Sunday's Premier League match against Manchester United, and for your support in following the measures to help to keep fellow fans safe."

Hopefully they have made a bit of a slip-up, and accidentally told us fans what they have already told Utd. So, when Utd turn up tomorrow, and find that we have already won 23-0, we can just say 'oh well :shrug:'.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I wonder if we'll bring in Lallana for Mwepu?

Maybe... only speculation but I think he has some kind of issue that will be dealt with after the season, making him limited to sub appearances. It is strange that he would go from starting in the decent win over Watford and then barely appearing at all without some other reason than other midfielders doing well... Could of course be wrong.

I think the eleven today will be:

Sanchez

Veltman, Dunk, Webster, Cucurella

Lamptey, Macallister, Bissouma, Caicedo, Trossard

Welbeck

Give or take a Pascal Gross.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I believe that this is the day we can turn around our bizarre home form.

The first half at OT was probably the best performance of the season, (well the first 45 minutes, before the 2 minutes of madness at the start of the second half). If I remember rightly, the statistic was that United did not make a successful tackle in the whole of the first half.

I am sure we can do them over this afternoon, especially now that Trossard knows he needs to aim just inside the goal, and not at the posts, as he did against Man U a year or two ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here