Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] No one else has bothered

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
2 pints of TT landlord in The Rising Sun in Clanfield whilst out and about . Home now 2 cans of Amstel it's all i have in . Up at 5am in the morning for a lovely away day at Halifax ,2 nights booked and a pub crawl of Huddersfield Sunday . Lovely.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
43DD5DA1-F37A-4DF2-8D96-32D5534AB076.png

Not all in the one evening.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Do you remember the old advert for Le Piat D'or ? as in, " The French adore Piat D'or" ? Well, in all honesty the French did not love it at all, thats why they exported it... pretty much the same as the Belgians view of Leffe... there are about 6-7 different versions of Leffe and all of them are equally as bad as each other except for possibly Le Rituel AKA as Leffe blue which is just about drinkable. Try Westmalle Dubble and Westmalle Tripel instead...you will not be disappointed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bottle of Ian Botham’s finest cab sauv………actually pretty good.

I have this terrible vision of Ian Botham's arthritic, gnarled and cheesy feet personally crushing the grapes for each years vintage..... i'm out !

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Do you remember the old advert for Le Piat D'or ? as in, " The French adore Piat D'or" ? Well, in all honesty the French did not love it at all, thats why they exported it... pretty much the same as the Belgians view of Leffe... there are about 6-7 different versions of Leffe and all of them are equally as bad as each other except for possibly Le Rituel AKA as Leffe blue which is just about drinkable. Try Westmalle Dubble and Westmalle Tripel instead...you will not be disappointed.

Sound advice, if the 75cl (1.3 pint) bottles had cost more than £2.40p I might have given serious consideration. Being a pleb I just checked the Alcohol % and went for the novelty.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sound advice, if the 75cl (1.3 pint) bottles had cost more than £2.40p I might have given serious consideration. Being a pleb I just checked the Alcohol % and went for the novelty.

As I once heard in a bar somewhere serving an awful beer "It tastes like shit but it gets you there " :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Very similar to last Friday evening. I dropped my lad off at scouts and then went for a run from there, covering over 14 miles before driving him home, showering and now rehydrating with ice cold Stowford Press.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I went totally off the rails tonight, combining Cornish Orchard cider with Lamb Vindaloo.

Currently doing Gaviscone shots :nono:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Bottle of Jeff Carrel ‘La Tire’ Fitou followed by a large Woodfords Reserve.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Same with any product claimed to be the love of a nation somewhere else - locals don’t touch it usually.

Du vin, du pain et du…? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here