Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Pritchard

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
How the mighty have fallen, how our respective fortunes have changed. From turning us down for the mighty Norwich and getting two assists for Stockdale ( apparently norwich's third highest goalscorer that season), from collecting u20/21 England caps to becoming a star for L1 Sunderland

But we, the club he spurned for the Norfolk mutants, grow and grow.

He has talent, it is on show tonight, he is only 29, could we have taken him with us?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
How the mighty have fallen, how our respective fortunes have changed. From turning us down for the mighty Norwich and getting two assists for Stockdale ( apparently norwich's third highest goalscorer that season), from collecting u20/21 England caps to becoming a star for L1 Sunderland

He has talent, it is on show tonight, he is only 29, could we have taken him with us?

At the time quite possibly But water under the bridge now
Very much a sliding doors moment in his career

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I suspect he regrets his choice. I honestly don’t care about him anymore. I’d rather have MacAllister.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

It does make me smile when I see his name in L1 and couldn't even make it in the Championship. Might make me petty, but I still harbour dislike for him for the way he turned us down and our respective fortunes.

Sad, but he got what he deserved (not a glittering PL career).

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He got one over us playing for Norwich though. Stopped us winning the league. Don’t know why we are so bitter saved us a few quid on a dud clearly.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
He may have picked wrong, but he picked the team that made more sense to him at the time. To his credit he did end up getting Premier League time with Huddersfield, which honestly puts him in a position millions of talented young English lads can only dream of achieving. Let bygones be bygones imho. We’ve moved on and am sure so has he.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Tuned in late last night just in time to see him put in a lovely shot that came off the cross bar. Unlucky. But up until then I was a fence fan watching a good game. I became a Sheff fan from there. Subbed in a fiasco of wrong numbers and players coming off and back on again in the 80th minute.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It does make me smile when I see his name in L1 and couldn't even make it in the Championship. Might make me petty, but I still harbour dislike for him for the way he turned us down and our respective fortunes.

Sad, but he got what he deserved (not a glittering PL career).

Still, he can always reminisce about that time he hired a jet-ski for an hour in Dubai. Living the dream! :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I enjoyed the game, and would like to see massive win the tie.

Let me rephrase that. I would laugh maniacally to see Sunderland spend yet another year in tier three.

Oh, and massive to lose the final. To Wycombe. Hilarious.

As for Pricktard, all I remember about him now is those two lovely goals he pinged off Stockdale's back. I wouldn't want to mock a stranger for their disappointing career.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He did not stop us winning the league.
We had 3 games to play after we had won promotion, unfortunately our players switched off after the Wigan match.

Yup, players on the piss blew a SEVEN point lead over Newcastle with three games to go. Total cocks. Still, they'll have a runners-up medal to show their grandkids :rolleyes:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yup, players on the piss blew a SEVEN point lead over Newcastle with three games to go. Total cocks. Still, they'll have a runners-up medal to show their grandkids :rolleyes:

And Newcastle fans have been laughing at us ever since, but fair play to their team for being more professional.
That last home game against Bristol City still pisses me off, should have been the icing on the cake lifting the trophy that day.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
And Newcastle fans have been laughing at us ever since, but fair play to their team for being more professional.
That last home game against Bristol City still pisses me off, should have been the icing on the cake lifting the trophy that day.

I'm still pissed off with our players - for THEIR sakes - for pissing on their own parade. Still vividly recall the Championship Winners podium being made ready at the Amex... and then being quietly packed away again. This is what you COULD have had, you silly ****s

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
Players often have to choose clubs. You win some, you lose some. Same in the real world career market. He might have made it as a goalie for us though…

Didn't Lewis Grabban turn down Albion once? Looks like he will have to get Forest up thru the play-offs, and might well be replaced if they make it into the Prem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here