Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] How long Brighton to London

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Quick question for car drivers who regularly go to London

How long would it take to get to central London from Brighton at 3.30/4.00 in the morning?

A company is laying on a cab for me and is allowing three and a half hours - that looks a bit excessive to me but, I don't drive, so have no idea. I know that it can take over an hour to get a few miles in London ... but at that time of the morning?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This is if you left now!!

764786e2c27f35bbeab5f34d535ef74c.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
2 hours should do it but if it's an important deadline then I would allow 3 and have a cuppa if I got there early... even at that time of the morning.

I come from a background where you could be fined a days pay for each minute you are late!!!! I'm a stickler for time keeping.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
under 2hrs at night.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Yep, at that time in the morning around 2 hours or less.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
KIngs X/St Pancras

During the brief period I owned a car I used to drive home to Camden, just above Kings X, after Withdean games. I took the direct route heading up the A23, M23 and then the A23 again right through the centre of London. Took around 90 mins if I remember correctly and don’t recall any traffic issues at that time of night so 3am should be similar.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
when we've gigged in London , leaving mid afternoon its usually 2 hrs, give or take, coming home after midnight it normally 1 1/2 hrs . . .

you'll get to the top of M23 in half an hour, then its lap of the gods!

I'd allow 2 1/2 hrs.

Paddington Gal

May 7, 2013

How long would it take to get to central London from Brighton at 3.30/4.00 in the morning?

A company is laying on a cab for me and is allowing three and a half hours - that looks a bit excessive to me but, I don't drive, so have no idea. I know that it can take over an hour to get a few miles in London ... but at that time of the morning?

Parents live in Hangleton, myself in Paddington, very worst during the day is 2 hours going via M25/Chessington/A3/Putney, at that time in the morning you could easily knock half hour off. But of course you should keep an eye out for any road closures/roadworks

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I genuinely have no idea why I've just read this entire thread. I have no intention of driving to London nor do I have any interest in how long it takes at any time of the day, yet for some reason here I am, totally invested.
The wonders of NSC.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

No more than 1 and half hour, providing they do head south and not show you the sights of Landan Town.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I guarantee you'll either be mugged or not appreciated.

Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
2 hours should do it but if it's an important deadline then I would allow 3 and have a cuppa if I got there early... even at that time of the morning.

I come from a background where you could be fined a days pay for each minute you are late!!!! I'm a stickler for time keeping.
Wow, I’m often a week late :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here