Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Sash windows

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Does anyone have any recommendations for sash window repair / replacement?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yeh, put some UPVC double glazing in, sash windows are so 1800s :moo:
Misses like to have the window wide open[emoji849] normally with the heating on.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
These guys double glazed our house five years ago including mostly sash windows. Possibly not the cheapest but the quality and the service are first class and their fitters are as efficient and friendly as you are likely to get.. Can't recommend them highly enough. The owner is also an ardent long time Albion fan

https://www.glasscentre.co.uk/

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Small warning, if it's a flat (in B&H) they will need planning permission from the council .... total rip off of course.

My neighbours had to compromise and agreed on UPVC sash windows ... cost them a fortune

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

You can get really good UPVC double glazed sash windows now.

Well - when I say you can get them, I mean you can have folk round to give you quotes, then you order them - then hear nothing for a year. So go through the process again with a different company....
Then end up repairing the sash cords and repainting yourself in despair that anyone will actually do the job they said they'd do.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Small warning, if it's a flat (in B&H) they will need planning permission from the council .... total rip off of course.

My neighbours had to compromise and agreed on UPVC sash windows ... cost them a fortune

We bought these in our last house and effectively recouped the cost when we sold. They look exactly the same as the originals but actually work. Probably what the Victorians would be buying were they alive today. With energy prices the way they are you eventually get the money back that way anyway.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Misses like to have the window wide open[emoji849] normally with the heating on.

Are you still renting?
If so I would have thought this job was the responsibility of the property owner.

Repairs/ replacement I mean……..not opening the windows with the heating on :D

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Are you still renting?
If so I would have thought this job was the responsibility of the property owner.

Repairs/ replacement I mean……..not opening the windows with the heating on :D
We are thinking of buying the flat off my landlord as it needs updating and the prices in the area are ridiculous atm

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here