Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How long should Moyes get banned?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Really surprised by his actions to be honest. I remember his outcry when his own player Kurt Zouma kicked something else, his cat, a few months ago.

Doubtless last night's incident was all down to the pressure of the occasion. Absolutely no excuse though of course.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
He’s very lucky that the ball didn’t hit her full on in the back of the head. If the pressure of big games is too much for him that he’s at risk of hurting children then he shouldn’t manage big games.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Really surprised by his actions to be honest. I remember his outcry when his own player Kurt Zouma kicked something else, his cat, a few months ago.

Doubtless last night's incident was all down to the pressure of the occasion. Absolutely no excuse though of course.

I may be mis-remembering, but the only outcry about Moyes I remember is that he didn't engage with the Zouma debate and said he was only interested in footballing matters and went on to play Zouma regardless. Would be nice if the North Stand could come up with a cat kicker and ball boy attacker song to brighten the match against West Ham. Judging by the language and the expression on his face, I'd say Moyes has another side than the one we usually see on TV.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Wow! What a dickhead. Very lucky that the ball didn't make contact. No remorse whatsoever.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I may be mis-remembering, but the only outcry about Moyes I remember is that he didn't engage with the Zouma debate and said he was only interested in footballing matters and went on to play Zouma regardless. Would be nice if the North Stand could come up with a cat kicker and ball boy attacker song to brighten the match against West Ham. Judging by the language and the expression on his face, I'd say Moyes has another side than the one we usually see on TV.

Didn’t he also get into trouble for suggesting giving a female journalist a slap? I wonder what it’s like living in the Moyes household for women, children and pets?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Should be banned no doubt, but it is about time UEFA took measures around the time wasting by home teams, particularly with the multiple ball approach.

I watched all the European games this week, and depending on the score there was gamesmanship from ball boys and benches by the home team.

I hadn’t been advocate, but perhaps there should be a neutral timekeeper, and the clock only ticks when the ball is in play, as fans will continue to be short-changed.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Should be banned no doubt, but it is about time UEFA took measures around the time wasting by home teams, particularly with the multiple ball approach.

I watched all the European games this week, and depending on the score there was gamesmanship from ball boys and benches by the home team.

I hadn’t been advocate, but perhaps there should be a neutral timekeeper, and the clock only ticks when the ball is in play, as fans will continue to be short-changed.

Clever ball boy/girl management has been an integral part of the game for a long time. My son was once a ball boy for my local club (I won't mention any names :rolleyes:) and this was part of their training. I was SHOCKED when he told me.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
What a CHILD.

(Moyes obviously)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I was watching the RM v City game and during the 90 minutes (RM were losing) they had the quickest multi ball system I've seen with a ball being thrown on within a second of one going out. But after the 96th minute (RM now winning) the system seemed to slow right down.
As for Moyes, a good manager but needs to accept his fault and take a long ban.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
As much as it annoys me, we have done it as well.

Who can forget the wet Withdean matches where our ball people would have a towel to dry the ball for us but return it wet for the opposition.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He's in the wrong of course and should face a short ban but i found his dry humour quite witty tbh, sorry! He isn't the first manager to kick out in frustration and he won't be the last. Still wrong of course but easy to judge sitting in front of a tele.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here