Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Richard Hanks RIP

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Lost a dear mate on Sunday and a lifelong fan Albion, Richard, known to many as Hanksie.

Pivotal in one of the major events of the battle for the club, he was first on the pitch against York City in 1996 in the 13th minute.

Amex season ticket holder with his son Jake, he will be sadly missed by all who knew him.

RIP old mate x

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Hanksie was a great lad…..proper Albion.

RIP

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Shit no, this is two in two days for me. Although we lost touch post Goldstone we became good friends simply from away matches in the late 80s. I lived in Worthing briefly in the early 90s and we became occasional drinking buddies too. A lovely bloke I looked forward to having a chat and a laugh with at The Goldstone. He was also good mates with another nice bloke, Andy H who I haven’t seen for a good few years.
Sleep good mate

Last edited:

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Shit no, this is two in two days for me. Although we lost touch post Goldstone we became good friends simply from away matches in the late 80s. I lived in Worthing briefly in the early 90s and we became occasional drinking buddies too. A lovely bloke I looked forward to having a chat and a laugh with at The Goldstone. He was also good mates with another nice bloke, Andy H who I haven’t seen for a good few years.
Sleep good mate
Andy h sits in west stand lower

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Heard about this earlier this week. So sad.
Last saw him after the last Palace game at home this season - We had a bit of banter with some Palace kids at the station before travelling back with him and Andy H to Worthing.
RIP Hanksie

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Shit shit shit, always to be remembered a true albion legend. Loved that guy. Your be totally missed Richie, I'm bloody devastated.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Lost a dear mate on Sunday and a lifelong fan Albion, Richard, known to many as Hanksie.

Pivotal in one of the major events of the battle for the club, he was first on the pitch against York City in 1996 in the 13th minute.

Amex season ticket holder with his son Jake, he will be sadly missed by all who knew him.

RIP old mate x

Sorry to hear about your mate. Another sad loss.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Always sad to lose a dedicated Albion man and especially someone who captured the spirit of those dark Goldstone times as well. RIP fella.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
Some recognition during the match tomorrow on the big screen apparently.

Great bloke, Albion through and through, first met him must have been 20 years ago when he first started cab driving, he used to work for Arrow in Worthing. Was having a good chat with him the Saturday at Tesco Worthing to, we were both picking up from there. Went to his funeral Friday, great tribute from Hearty,
r.i.p. mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here