Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Appeal for Littlehampton FA Vase Final match to be shown at Amex ahead of West Ham match

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Littlehampton Town play Newport Pagnel in the FA Vase at Wembley (1215) the same day we play out final match at the Amex against West Ham (1600) It appears to be live on https://www.live-footballontv.com/ BT Sport; it would be good if the club could confirm they will be showing this ahead of the Hammers game. I'm sure many Sussex fans would be interested and a good opportunity to boost beer and burger etc sales ahead of the Hammers match. I believe it would mean opening up a little earlier but surely this can be done. All PL games KO the same time so there is nothing else to show. No brainer surely!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Littlehampton Town play Newport Pagnel in the FA Vase at Wembley (1215) the same day we play out final match at the Amex against West Ham (1600) It appears to be live on https://www.live-footballontv.com/ BT Sport; it would be good if the club could confirm they will be showing this ahead of the Hammers game. I'm sure many Sussex fans would be interested and a good opportunity to boost beer and burger etc sales ahead of the Hammers match. I believe it would mean opening up a little earlier but surely this can be done. All PL games KO the same time so there is nothing else to show. No brainer surely!

You're asking the club to open up 4 hours before kick off. That means more wages for the catering staff/stewards etc. Can't see it being of interest to enough fans to justify it. Especially when it could be on at various pubs in town and you would still have time to get to the game for 4!

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/FA-vase-final-2022/td-p/2224982

BT don't have the rights according to this

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Agreed.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
As mentioned above, I don't believe there is currently a contract in place for anyone to show the Vase game live. That could, of course, change nearer the date - BT have traditionally shown the Trophy and Vase finals live.

The 12:15 kick off would give you plenty of time to get to The Amex after watching the Vase game in a Brighton pub, in any case.

There's at least one of our group going to Wembley who is planning to shoot back to Brighton in time for the West Ham kick off after the Littlehampton game finishes. I might even be tempted to try that myself in the unlikely event there is anything riding on the Albion match.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Pick one or the other. Either Brighton are your club, or they're not.

So, apparently, despite having held a season ticket for 30+years, watching them play at 80+ grounds in over 1,500 matches, Brighton are no longer my team because I want to watch my home town club play at Wembley in a once-in-a-lifetime match ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So, apparently, despite having held a season ticket for 30+years, watching them play at 80+ grounds in over 1,500 matches, Brighton are no longer my team because I want to watch my home town club play at Wembley in a once-in-a-lifetime match ???

I was slightly provoking the OP.

You're not demanding to see BOTH games, are you? He is.

That said, I live within walking distance of Mile Oak and the same with Southwick until the unfortunateness. If either was playing at Wembley and Brighton were at home in a league game I'd go to the Brighton league game, searches, bottle top removal and inability to score all factored in.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Normally I'd advise you to go to Wembley to take this once in a life time opportunity, but the boys need your suppo... oh wait...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

That said, I live within walking distance of Mile Oak and the same with Southwick until the unfortunateness. If either was playing at Wembley and Brighton were at home in a league game I'd go to the Brighton league game, searches, bottle top removal and inability to score all factored in.

If the Albion were at home and Newhaven were playing at Wembley I would definitely not be watching the Albion, I do watch Newhaven matches though.
I can understand anyone choosing an Albion match if they have no interest in their local non league club.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Particularly if you've been to every Littlehampton Town game in that time as well???

:moo:

Nope. Went to Littlehampton from the ages of around 12-15. Season ticket at Albion from 1987. Home and away pretty much constantly since then. Have chosen to go to Littlehampton more this season because the majority of their games haven't clashed with Albion.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The final will be finished just after 2 so surely you have time to get to the Amex for the last game?

If it's on tv, and there seems to be some confusion as to whether it will be on BT or not, then watch it in a pub in Btn (I'm sure there will be one showing it as there's not other football on) then go to the game! Not rocket science.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If the Albion were at home and Newhaven were playing at Wembley I would definitely not be watching the Albion, I do watch Newhaven matches though.
I can understand anyone choosing an Albion match if they have no interest in their local non league club.

Yeah, and that's fair enough.

My point, which I've made badly because of taking the piss, is that if I was going to dedicate myself to a local non-league team I'd do that full time instead of split between Brighton and County League or whatever. I just don't have time for it, just as I don't have time for the women's team games or under 23s. Not because I'm not interested, but I have a family, dog and career. Brighton men's first XI is my team and that's that.

However, that decision is only one more Paul Barber nonsense rule or one more season not scoring any goals at home from being changed.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

Luckily for me, should I choose not to hotfoot it back to The Amex, I'm sure I will be able to find a pub with the Premier League Final Day feed.

I've missed three home Albion games this season; one was the ridiculous kick off on Boxing Day and the other two were to watch Littlehampton Vase games. That's the most home matches I've missed in a season since I've got my first season ticket in 1987.

I wouldn't miss the Vase final for an Albion game unless it was something like promotion decider. There will be dozens, if not hundreds of Albion fans amongst the 7,000 travelling Littlehampton fans who have made the same decision.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Good points…..and if someone is really keen on Littlehampton then it’s a no brainer over what match to choose….re the thread starter perhaps he could promote some sort of arrangement where it’s cost effective for the club to do what he’s suggesting …for me I’m not that interested, but will probably search for the match report and wish them well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here