Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Problem with the 'quote' function ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Anyone finding that if you use the quote function, your comments get embedded in the quote and there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it ???

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Pray for Trigger if this is true.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think it's just you. I've noticed it in other people's posts occasionally.

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I’ve only seen it in cases where the person doing the quoting has inadvertently started their text within or before the end quote tag. Quite often a post so afflicted has ended UOTE] or similar.

It’s an easy enough thing to do to accidentally place the cursor somewhere unintended.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I’ve only seen it in cases where the person doing the quoting has inadvertently started their text within or before the end quote tag. Quite often a post so afflicted has ended UOTE] or similar.

It’s an easy enough thing to do to accidentally place the cursor somewhere unintended.

Good point.

I did it a few days ago. I saw what I had done, edited the comment to take out the offending [/QUOTE] and that fixed it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Anyone finding that if you use the quote function, your comments get embedded in the quote and there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it ???

It seems to happen when you quote someone who has embedded a tweet in their post. Maybe try 'going advanced' and then moving the reply?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

It works fine as far as I can tell.

Of course, you can feck it up accidentally/on purpose though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here