Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Brighton relegate Leeds?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Leeds are so massive they can’t fit through the relegation trapdoor so it’s impossible to relegate them sadly.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Can you just imagine how incredulous the fans of one the world’s most historic, famous and important football clubs would feel about relegation to the CHAMPIONSHIP? Doesn’t bear thinking about. There would have to be a public enquiry.

And we also have the bonus ball of the BURNLEY liberals possibly dropping out instead…

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Unlikely, but not impossible.
I nabbed a ticket the other day, on the off chance
Would love to see it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
On MOTD after Liverpool beat them, Marsch said it was the best team in the world against the best club in the world :sick:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Still hoping Everton f it up. Looking less likely after the Chelsea win tho.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
On MOTD after Liverpool beat them, Marsch said it was the best team in the world against the best club in the world :sick:

He was talking about the supporters, possibly the most abhorrent fan base in World football, but their continuous, loud support of a losing team is very, very impressive . We could learn a lot from them in that respect, I'd do it myself but I can't be bothered. I'd love us to send them down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He was talking about the supporters, possibly the most abhorrent fan base in World football, but their continuous, loud support of a losing team is very, very impressive
There are a lot of football clubs in the world. I wouldn't put Leeds among the top group of well supported clubs. They went from 40k fans down to mid twenties when they dropped out of the PL. Hardly world's best.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Unlikely, but not impossible.
I nabbed a ticket the other day, on the off chance
Would love to see it.

It’s not that unlikely with Leeds having Arsenal and Chelsea to play before us. If Everton have +3 points on Leeds by the end of that game, Leeds are down due to their terrible GD, which is a stat they can thank Bielsa for.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
93rd minute winner from the penalty spot after lengthy VAR check or 4-0 up at half time not sure which is preferable to send Leeds down.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There are a lot of football clubs in the world. I wouldn't put Leeds among the top group of well supported clubs. They went from 40k fans down to mid twenties when they dropped out of the PL. Hardly world's best.

Pompey were the world’s best fans not so long ago…according to the media. The intimidating atmosphere at Palace is apparently up there too. Are there three more dislikable clubs?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I still think it will go down to the last day but if we do beat them they could well be in the bottom 3 with a mountain to climb on that final day.

It is also likely to be a cardfest with the partisan crowd egging on their bunch of cloggers.

I just think Leeds' recruitment has been poor - replacing White with Koch, also getting a Barca dud in Firpo, Rodrigo has been a flop up front, Struijk poor. Raphinha, however, was a great signing and - like Richarlison - sure to on the phone to his agent as I type.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
93rd minute winner from the penalty spot after lengthy VAR check or 4-0 up at half time not sure which is preferable to send Leeds down.

Can we have them relegated by scoring an own goal in the 93rd minute, have the ref disallow it in the moment, only to then have it finally given following an abnormally lengthy VAR check? Or maybe have them score a relegation denying winner in the 95th minute only to have it disallowed after VAR.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here