Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The very definition of optimistic

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hands up who's looked at West Ham's remaining fixtures and just wondered "what if"

Sadly I can't get past the fact that sadly they've still got to play Norwich. [emoji38]ol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
:wave:

Won’t happen but if you can’t dream give up on football or support City or Liverpool

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:wave:

Won’t happen but if you can’t dream give up on football or support City or Liverpool
Exactly Icy. No problem dreaming.

It is interesting though - sadly I can't get past our dire home form and the fact that although West Ham have 2 very hard fixtures before our showdown with them they also have Norwich - and realistically only need one point to finish above us.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly Icy. No problem dreaming.

It is interesting though - sadly I can't get past our dire home form and the fact that although West Ham have 2 very hard fixtures before our showdown with them they also have Norwich - and realistically only need one point to finish above us.

A realistic dreamer :lolol:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
From European Tour

To Relegation Scrap

Back to European Tour.

In 3 months.

Who'd want to be a boring top 6 fan??

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
From European Tour

To Relegation Scrap

Back to European Tour.

In 3 months.

Yep, the highs and lows this season have been an emotional rollercoaster. Wouldn’t want it any other way. Lovely to not need to support a team I don’t like to help us stay up though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We could do with Norwich beating West Ham, Leicester and Wolves.

Now that really is optimistic.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
From Giraffe's tracker thread -

Last day decider with West Ham?

West Ham have to play Arsenal tomorrow but will have an eye on their European semi final on Thursday. So a defeat to Arsenal isn’t too unlikely. Their next league is away at Norwich, pressure’s off for Norwich as their relegation is already confirmed and West Ham will have a European hangover. West Ham could lose. They then play Man City, no big surprise if Man City win that.

All we have to do is win away at Leeds and before that win at home ….. oh shit. Ok not going to happen.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
From European Tour

To Relegation Scrap

Back to European Tour.

In 3 months.

Pushing it a bit to think we were ever in a relegation scrap. It was a dire run of results, that is all.

Unless then you’re just thinking about the home form…

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hands up who's looked at West Ham's remaining fixtures and just wondered "what if"

Sadly I can't get past the fact that sadly they've still got to play Norwich. [emoji38]ol:

My son went over the exact combination of results we'd need to get into Europe with me on the final whistle of WHU v ARS and I told him not to be so silly. Guess which one of us is glass half empty* and which one glass half full?

* that is to say long term Brighton fan with a reasonable memory.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Two of the remaining Brighton games are at what could be described as a bogey-stadium.

I'm hoping for the best but the current position is probably as high as it gets this season.

Indeed, Sheffield United couldn't buy a win before a relegation not so long ago but once confirmed they won their final four games

They didnt

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Two of the remaining Brighton games are at what could be described as a bogey-stadium.

I'm hoping for the best but the current position is probably as high as it gets this season.

They didnt

Agree about the Amex but we usually win at Leeds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here