Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watford

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Not the well oiled debate that is their ownership strategy but a couple of observations based on tonight’s MOTD viewing:

1. Are Roy and Lewington the highest aggregate aged manager and assistant manager pairing in the history of the game? By my reckoning it’s 139 years ffs.

Training must be fun. Bet they have to have the defibrillator on a trolley that follows them round.

2. Why do the Watford fans never show up? The usual empty spots in that corner adjacent to the away fans and more surprisingly the permanent temporary main stand looked like it was purposefully social distanced.

A bizarre club all round.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
18 managers in the less than 10 years of the Pozzo family ownership.

D751CE8C-2A40-4C4B-900C-0E577CE1D63C.png

Trying 2 ‘Red Adair’s’ in one season with Ranieri and Hodgson flopped spectacularly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If she were the last 'bird' without a dance partner at the end of the evening, you'd be off for the last bus home.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If you have any sense Roy retain your dignity and pen your resignation letter now before the axe falls. You know it's coming anyway and you have absolutely nothing left to prove to anyone.

It really was one last job too many, and God only knows why you decided to take it.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I imagine the spaces in the crowd are due to this being their 11th straight home defeat in the league, confirming their second incredibly limp relegation in three years.

Yeah, and a bit rich considering Watford's a small place just outside london, and the fact that the east lower opposite the cameras at the Amex is always full of gaps especially up towards the North stand. I just can't fathom why so many ST holders in that area don't bother showing up compared to anywhere else in the ground?!

As for Watford, I'd not be happy the Pozzo family's ownership and how they're running the club. Complete joke that they've 18 managers in 10 years!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm glad Hodgson took them shades off. I wondered if he was dead and they left him there for appearances.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You might, but I love a challenge me. :D

The resigned look on her face, as we left, probably wouldn't bode well for the rest of the evening.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you have any sense Roy retain your dignity and pen your resignation letter now before the axe falls. You know it's coming anyway and you have absolutely nothing left to prove to anyone.

It really was one last job too many, and God only knows why you decided to take it.

He’s only on contract till the end of the season anyway so no real point in resigning now…..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Another side along with Norwich and West Brom who have a business model of trying to be a yo-yo club and using the parachute money to cover debts. If they stay up it's a bonus but there won't be much investment. Three provincial teams with attendances between 20 and 25k and very little in the way of shirt sales and tourist fans. They need to do something.

Next season the Pozzos will find a way to draft in a dodgy player or two, get in a foreign coach we've not heard of, sack him by Christmas and still come back up.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Yeah, and a bit rich considering Watford's a small place just outside london, and the fact that the east lower opposite the cameras at the Amex is always full of gaps especially up towards the North stand. I just can't fathom why so many ST holders in that area don't bother showing up compared to anywhere else in the ground?!

As for Watford, I'd not be happy the Pozzo family's ownership and how they're running the club. Complete joke that they've 18 managers in 10 years!

You mean where the family stand is - correlate your statement to clubs making it difficult to pass tickets on

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Another side along with Norwich and West Brom who have a business model of trying to be a yo-yo club and using the parachute money to cover debts. If they stay up it's a bonus but there won't be much investment. Three provincial teams with attendances between 20 and 25k and very little in the way of shirt sales and tourist fans. They need to do something.

Next season the Pozzos will find a way to draft in a dodgy player or two, get in a foreign coach we've not heard of, sack him by Christmas and still come back up.

I'm afraid that was my hope after we got the Amex, but keep it to yourself :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here