Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Class of ‘97 and that draw

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
A quite brilliant article, below:

http://wearebrighton.com/albionfeat...righton-team-who-drew-1-1-at-hereford-united/

It’s probably been posted before, but we’ll worth a read for those of a certain vintage/inclination.

And yes, Mark Ormerod finally gets the credit he deserves.

I can’t believe it’s been so long, but as it was pretty much this weekend - well I think we should remember.

I’m pretty sure we would have gone out of business but for that point - legends to a man, even Gary Hobson.

Rock on.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
The most gut wrenchingly nervous I have ever been at a Brighton game, and the elation afterwards was amazing.

I wasn’t there, we tried but couldn’t get to the game... but by God (as I’ve said before) when radio 5 went live for the last ten mins or so... well, I nearly died about three times.

I was 15 at the time, it was my world - when that whistle blew it was beyond elation... I doubt I’ll ever experience that level of emotion via football - ever again.

Although we weren’t lucky to be in that position, I’d probably trade that one moment against following a perennial PL winner every day of the week.

Nothing could/can compare.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I recall just screaming “f#cking yes” for literally 10 mins when the final whistle went. I don’t think any of us will have that sense of relief from an Albion footballl match ever again. Forget Neil’s last minute equaliser against the Palace, that was nothing compared to Hereford.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A quite brilliant article, below:

http://wearebrighton.com/albionfeat...righton-team-who-drew-1-1-at-hereford-united/

It’s probably been posted before, but we’ll worth a read for those of a certain vintage/inclination.

And yes, Mark Ormerod finally gets the credit he deserves.

I can’t believe it’s been so long, but as it was pretty much this weekend - well I think we should remember.

I’m pretty sure we would have gone out of business but for that point - legends to a man, even Gary Hobson.

Rock on.

I met Mark Ormerod at the League 2 Championship dinner and told him he was a Brighton legend for “that” save. He looked so embarrassed. I was the worse for wear and may have been a little over enthusiastic though :smile:

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
I recall it was bedlam from the moment Reinelt equalised to the moment we got back to the car to drive home.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I recall just screaming “f#cking yes” for literally 10 mins when the final whistle went. I don’t think any of us will have that sense of relief from an Albion footballl match ever again. Forget Neil’s last minute equaliser against the Palace, that was nothing compared to Hereford.

Biggest day in my time following the Albion. Every single emotion that afternoon. I doubt winning the CL would feel as good.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The photo at the top of the page on that site is my computer wallpaper to this day. I was running a day long training session at work recently, and used my own laptop rather than a works one. Every time it closed down, or I chopped and changed from the powerpoint to a video and so on - up popped the photo. I just kept saying "And there's 'The Goal That Saved The Albion' again".

They were mostly 20-30 year olds though.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
The away end when we equalised was completely mad. It was standing in a banked ‘bowl’ behind the goal so maximum opportunity to move around, which we did.
I think I hugged the lad next to me and I’ve never done that before or since.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
To think, 25 years back we drew at Hereford whilst most likely saving our club.

Today we won 3-0 at Wolves to push into the top half of the PL.

Surely this is all a dream ? and I’ve been in a coma since Hereford scored in the 94th min to send us down.

It’s, truly, a brilliant story - and it’s all ours !!

Wow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here