Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Things to do in Wolverhampton

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This could be a very short thread but apart from the stadium itself I've yet to venture into the town itself,I've sampled a few of the Cantonese takeaways and that's it,so I'll probably have 3 hours pre match to look around so any decent and interesting things other than the pub to do?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This could be a very short thread but apart from the stadium itself I've yet to venture into the town itself,I've sampled a few of the Cantonese takeaways and that's it,so I'll probably have 3 hours pre match to look around so any decent and interesting things other than the pub to do?

Head off to a local park and see if there's a cricket match occurring. Offer your services as a left handed grave digger. Let me know if they have a wonky plastic chair.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Going to look at the time we have and might grab a couple of hours at the RAF museum @ Cosford...8 miles from Wolverhampton....booked 2 free tickets in case....

all depends on time and would want to be parked up close too the ground by 1:30

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Head off to a local park and see if there's a cricket match occurring. Offer your services as a left handed grave digger. Let me know if they have a wonky plastic chair.

4 for 16 off 5.3 overs last week ,first game for years,should of gone home after that,3 required off 2 overs number 11 comes to the crease nice dobby dabber bowler SWISH take that! Oh dear clatter time :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

:lolol:

I've seen [MENTION=12422]Taybha[/MENTION] bat (or perhaps swot). Carving like a chef at a Toby.

On the original point, the Art Gallery is a good visit in Wolverhampton. Popped in there before the 2014 match.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Last time we went the only pub allowed was Walkabout except I blagged a pass from a Wolves STH mate and got in the Great Western which is a superb pub.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Walk boldly south, with three points in your back pocket?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Walk boldly south, with three points in your back pocket?
That seems unlikely.

Jnr treated.me to Tottingham and we had a tremendous day out, one that will live long in the memory.

I'm paying for Wolves so expecting a 5-0 thrashing and the car burnt out!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That seems unlikely.

Jnr treated.me to Tottingham and we had a tremendous day out, one that will live long in the memory.

I'm paying for Wolves so expecting a 5-0 thrashing and the car burnt out!

:lolol:

el punal

Do let me know people. I declined going this season but will next year as it’s on my list of ‘not been to that ground’. I met a Wolves fan on hols and he gave me a number of decent pubs to visit - the problem is will they allow you in? From what I hear Wolverhampton is not the most hospitable of places and there are stories of strict no entry for away fans all over town - is this true?

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
The only pub that is allocated to away supporters is the Bluebrick (attached to Premier Inn), by the train station.
Best drinking is in Brum, then get the tram in to Wolves.
All the money in the area has been spent on Brum city centre in the last 10-15 years and Wolves as a result has become even more of a dump...

Alternatively, if driving, then Bridgnorth is a nice place to visit and is about 30 min drive from Wolves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here