Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England Matches on C4

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
England's 2022 Nations League ties and 2024 European Championship qualifiers will be shown live on Channel 4 as part of a new 20-match broadcast deal.

Good that they are on free to air, and NOT on ITV

Win Win :thumbsup:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61270628

Fantastic news

ITV simply do not know how to "do" sport, football especially. As a bonus hopefully we don't have to hear the gods awful "england football theme" again

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Fantastic news

ITV simply do not know how to "do" sport, football especially. As a bonus hopefully we don't have to hear the gods awful "england football theme" again

Or Mark Pougatch SHOUTING for no apparent PURPOSE during the build-up and at half-TIME.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very pleased not to have to hear Bittersweet Symphony 4,000 times.

Nothing against the song, it's just been so overdone now.

(And I find it a bit of a melancholy dirge tbh. So it was perfect for soundtracking England for many years, but not now.)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Interesting to see who heads up C4's coverage. Expect it will be a woman or a BAME which will be a very good thing. I wonder if Alec Scott can balance her womens football and Football Focus/One Show commitments??

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Interesting to see who heads up C4's coverage. Expect it will be a woman or a BAME which will be a very good thing. I wonder if Alec Scott can balance her womens football and Football Focus/One Show commitments??

I'm sure the 'let me on the telly, let me on the telly' presenter will be able to juggle another ball in the air.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I hope they have Richie Benaud on commentary again

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Very pleased not to have to hear Bittersweet Symphony 4,000 times.

Nothing against the song, it's just been so overdone now.

(And I find it a bit of a melancholy dirge tbh. So it was perfect for soundtracking England for many years, but not now.)

A very high standard of sporting theme songs on C4 for England football to emulate:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I think this is good news. Channel 4 raised the bar with their coverage of the Paralympic games, and their rugby coverage is also excellent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here