Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Were we ever this bad?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We've seen finishing like that very recently

I remember a cross field pass to Peter Smith once, got the tiniest of bobbles, rolled over the top of his foot and into touch, we were rolling around in hysterics, it really was funny stuff, on a regular basis.

And we still won home games!

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Having travelled the length and breadth of the country to watch Brighton throughout the 90s, I can assure younger viewers that we were equally this crap and worse at times. :(

Sad, but true

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I remember us singing “we’re shit and we know we are” at Craven Cottage in the dark days. I think MA may have been their manager at the time.

I can’t believe that I went to far more away games when we were shit either :shrug:

We were so bad that I can remember Dean Wilkins being the only player for years that could kill a long pass dead.

I was in awe of some of the intricate passing and ball skills from Brighton players in spells against Saints. We take it all for granted now don’t we? And then moan when things don’t come off :wink:

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It wasn't all bad in the 90s, at times like against Canvey Island and Sudbury Town in the FA Cup, we improved our performance to match the level on display from our non league opponents.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
What’s wrong with it ? As long as it’s a decent day out supporting your team that’s all that matters. No need to be la di da about it. Scarborough v Hull is/ was a decent local derby.

That compilation isn't even Sunday league standard. It was a joke to think that the football was so bad in a professional league. We were garbage at times between 1996 and 1998, luckily Hereford had a catastrophic run (coupled with incredible home form from us) and Doncaster were absolutely pathetic in the same period to ensure they went down instead of us.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That compilation isn't even Sunday league standard. It was a joke to think that the football was so bad in a professional league. We were garbage at times between 1996 and 1998, luckily Hereford had a catastrophic run (coupled with incredible home form from us) and Doncaster were absolutely pathetic in the same period to ensure they went down instead of us.

But were you bothered ? I know I wasn’t.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here