Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Byrne in the news

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
...and not only Torys - this will send NSC in to meltdown:lol:

The Labour leader has been accused of breaking coronavirus regulations by drinking beer with colleagues in the office of Mary Foy, the City of Durham MP, on April 30 last year.

In February, Durham Constabulary said that it did not consider Sir Keir’s actions constituted a breach of the rules.

However, the force has come under pressure to review the case after Scotland Yard issued a £50 fine to the Prime Minister for attending a nine-minute birthday gathering in Downing Street.

Richard Holden, the Conservative MP for North West Durham, has also called for a fresh investigation into Sir Keir’s actions, after claiming to have evidence that a quiz and social event was held by the local Labour Party on the same night.

This has zero to do with the police “re-investigating” and is all about a desperate attempt by a desperate government to smear and cloud what they were doing to ignore the rules, they themselves set.

The letter, sent to Durham constabulary, has elicited this response from the force.

“As a courtesy, we have replied to Mr Holden to confirm we have received that letter and will consider its contents before responding in due course.”

Doesn’t sound like Starmer now being investigated to me...

Deflection, smearing, shit throwing, call it what you like, all done in the name of saving Boris Johnson’s skin and those of his cabinet colleagues who know they would be toast if their master went!

You say that but we have already seen one numbnuts who fell for it.

Just the one ? :wink:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Just the one ? :wink:

Think you’ve got the wrong numb nuts! :lolol:

Think it was aimed at someone bringing the story up on this board as a veiled smear, whataboutery, type thing!

Hang on, I’ve just realised you have “quoted” me from a completely separate thread and out of context, poor form - do you write for The Daily Mail as your day job?

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
...and not only Torys - this will send NSC in to meltdown:lol:

The Labour leader has been accused of breaking coronavirus regulations by drinking beer with colleagues in the office of Mary Foy, the City of Durham MP, on April 30 last year.

In February, Durham Constabulary said that it did not consider Sir Keir’s actions constituted a breach of the rules.

However, the force has come under pressure to review the case after Scotland Yard issued a £50 fine to the Prime Minister for attending a nine-minute birthday gathering in Downing Street.

Richard Holden, the Conservative MP for North West Durham, has also called for a fresh investigation into Sir Keir’s actions, after claiming to have evidence that a quiz and social event was held by the local Labour Party on the same night.

Richard Holden, posted on Facebook he had been eating a curry with soldiers the same week.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-mp-who-wants-police-26826391

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Think it was aimed at someone bringing the story up on this board as a veiled smear, whataboutery, type thing!

Hang on, I’ve just realised you have “quoted” me from a completely separate thread and out of context, poor form - do you write for The Daily Mail as your day job?

It may have been aimed at me, but veiled smear, whataboutery - no. As you might have guessed from the laughing emoji, I was just pulling the tails of one or two of our more left leaning posters who seem to get a bit excitable. Nobody in particular. Just for fun.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

It was just that your post was the best explanation of what the mail had done and saved me typing it out. And no, the numbnuts quote definitely wasn't for you, but for someone who had taken that same mail story in hook line and sinker, and repeated it on this thread :wink:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It was just that your post was the best explanation of what the mail had done and saved me typing it out. And no, the numbnuts quote definitely wasn't for you, but for someone who had taken that same mail story in hook line and sinker, and repeated it on this thread :wink:

OK, got that now, but without the explanation I'm not sure others would... Thanks for the clarity though.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Has Liam Byrne been tutored by Priti Patel on the art of bullying? If so, do you think she will share with him how to get away with it?

Jan 30, 2008
Telling some soppy woke civil servants to get their arse in gear isn't bullying

Sack the lazy ****ers they are there to do as they're told not to try and run the country

Regards
DF

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
….and yet an independent inquiry determined that it WAS bullying and only a Patel sycophant would say otherwise. Patel herself didn’t even disagree with the judgement! What a pathetic argument above! The quality of your logic is now registering on the minus scale.

Entertaining though so please continue…..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here