Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Half Man Half Biscuit

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
People say that England should adopt Jerusalem as our national anthem. They're wrong. It should be National Shite Day.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Awesome, hadn't seen them live since Reading 1990. Then when I went back to decorating 5 years ago found out there was a massive body of work since. National Shite Day is perfect full blast whilst sanding filler on a wet, cold morning! Rock and Roll is full of bad Wools summed up pop and football culture of the 90s.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Comrade Sam & Paul-Tree introduced me to HMHB when Trumpton Riots came out in '86. For that I will ever be grateful.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Yeah, seen it. Brilliant, especially as we are entering the Voltarol years and now spend Life in the Bus Lane.

There are SO many great HMHB lyrics, but I think my favourite is:

Did you play in the Garden of Eden?
Were the goalkeeper’s gloves to you tossed?
‘Cos it seems to me you are the reason,
The reason why - 'Paradise Lost'

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Nice article, but he isn't as much of the superfan he claims to be: "Their 1985 debut album Back in the DHSS.... featured songs about Subbuteo (All I Want for Christmas Is a Dukla Prague Away Kit)"

No it didn't. 'All I want for Christmas...' isn't on 1985's 'Back in the DHSS'. It first appeared on their first Peel Session late in 1985, was on the reverse of 'The Trumpton Riots' released the following year, 1987's follow up album 'Back Again In the DHSS' and on the 1988 re-release of the debut that had the Trumpton Riots EP added.

Pedantry I know. The dog will bark and I'll be banned from his house.

Jul 7, 2003
First saw HMHB at Southwick when [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION] managed to get them down as part of Glastonwick (I think). Seen them many times since when they make their rare ventures to the South and looking forward to them playing the Electric Ballroom next January

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
First saw HMHB at Southwick when [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION] managed to get them down as part of Glastonwick (I think). Seen them many times since when they make their rare ventures to the South and looking forward to them playing the Electric Ballroom next January

Yes - first thing I always think of when HMHB is mentioned.

Travelled down from college in Hatfield to go to Barn Way (where my family had been involved in numerous amateur theatricals) and [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION] introduced them with something along the lines of '***kin* hell - rock & roll in Southwick, never thought I would see the day'. Cue some blue-rinsed older ladies who thought they were at some polite garden festival or something - almost fainting at the shock of his words, and what was to follow.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
All you could possibly want to know regarding lyrics and more can be found here:

https://halfmanhalfbiscuit.uk/

Last time I saw them live was in Worthing of all places supporting the Creative Hub Album. Shame they only play once a month and it’s usually in the north.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Yeah, seen it. Brilliant, especially as we are entering the Voltarol years and now spend Life in the Bus Lane.

There are SO many great HMHB lyrics, but I think my favourite is:

Did you play in the Garden of Eden?
Were the goalkeeper’s gloves to you tossed?
‘Cos it seems to me you are the reason,
The reason why - 'Paradise Lost'

My signature on here :thumbsup:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
While she's squealing with pleasure
In the arms of her lover
To infernal regions
I've been sent to gut hummingbirds
According
To my sentence

Your optimism strikes me like junk mail addressed to the dead.

:bowdown:b

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here