Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 25 Years - The Rise Of Brighton & Hove Albion (A MUST Watch!)

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
A nice video but Graham Potter with more airtime than Dick Knight is just weird. Club determined to turn him into some sort of Klopp like figure.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Obsession in thinking Dick Knight is undeniably one of the two most important figures at the club over the last 25 years and would be much more fitting to end a montage marking the 25th anniversary of losing the Goldstone.

Yep ok

Counting how many seconds the present manager gets in a 3min 15 sec montage is though.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Knight and Bloom both huge parts of the Albion history.

Without either of them we wouldn't have Falmer.

Just enjoy, if that's the right word, the video and appreciate what we have and where we've come from.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Great video, who would have thought then that we'd be where we are now?

Hats off to everyone who helped make it a reality.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Knight and Bloom both huge parts of the Albion history.

Without either of them we wouldn't have Falmer.

Just enjoy, if that's the right word, the video and appreciate what we have and where we've come from.
Yes, you're right. Bloody legends. It must never get forgotten.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Personally wanted to see more about our time at the Goldstone and the players and games not the what happened afterwards that's well documented and talked about often.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yes, you're right. Bloody legends. It must never get forgotten.

Brighton must be one of the best club out there that reminds its fans, players, staff and managers of its history and how it got from the Goldstone to Withdean to here.
Countless videos, promo, tributes, acknowledgement marking 10th anniversaries, 20th anniversaries, 25th anniversaries. Here's just one small example of Dick telling the story in full on the official Albion YouTube channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4xw1mnaYHU
So i'm pretty perplexed - even in reaction to that rather brilliant bit of video editing - that there's a belief that there's a reluctance by the club to do it properly or tell the story or to deliberately misrepresent the roles of those who played their part or that the club isn't trying to ensure its not forgotten. And who really thinks that if you're telling the story and bringing it up to date that Potter wouldn't be in it ? Really ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well I enjoyed it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Personally wanted to see more about our time at the Goldstone and the players and games not the what happened afterwards that's well documented and talked about often.

Unlike modern-day football, the footage of pre 1997 football is very limited below the top tiers, and what does exist is often low quality. That's probably why montages like that have more Withdean and Falmer stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here