Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rebuild The Goldstone - your salvage pics / tales

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Given the special day, I thought it would be fun to remember our old home with whatever is still out there of the old place.

My patch of turf is long gone but in my shed I still have:

A sign salvaged from the away end...
20220426_074918.jpg

A piece of the North Stand goal net...
20220426_075134.jpg

Not salvage but still Goldstone gold - this one off print from a photographer friend of mine who was pitchside...
20220426_075347.jpg

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2 seats from the south stand which I intend to mount on a wall that gets late evening sun in my garden.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I've got a bit of north stand goal net, seats from the south stand and a chunk of the west stand.

A rather young Joey Joey Jo Jr. Shabadoo features in the photo below, slightly to the left (as we look at it) of the RIP Goldstone banner.

525662_437955326230498_1227910423_n.jpg

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I got the back to my wooden seat in the West Stand, but some years later it was infested with woodworm, so I chucked it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If there’s still any grass at the back of 8 Upper Hamilton Road, then there’s a possibility that it’s Goldstone grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Still got some North Stand net in a box in the garage. Plus a lot of other memorabilia from that time - flyers, posters, Gulls Eyes, Stewart Weir’s book and so on.

I did plant some turf in the front garden of my parents house in Bexhill. Sadly they sold the property a decade or so later, and last time I drove past, the latest owners had paved over the entire front garden to create enough parking for about 10 cars. Boo.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I still have gulls eyes, Arsegas, tickets etc, and a few photo's . . .turf was on the blacony of my flat, probably long gone

I have a chunk of East terrace in my display cabinet with my Subbuteo teams.

Joe Rich Goldstone.jpg

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I have Stuart Storer's right foot in a box in my basement. He understood why I needed it.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Video.jpg

The turf is in the garden.

The seat is in the shed.

The shirt still fits...just.

The memories remain.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I remember having no desire to take anything. I just sat on my own high up in the West Stand as the destruction was taking place and just feeling that wasn't right for me.

The memories are ingrained without me claiming a corner flag

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Turf in my parents back garden, north stand goal net, seat backs from the west and south stand and some advertising hoarding from the east in my parents loft. Unless they've chucked it. I7ll have to look the next time I'm back.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
2 seats from the south stand which I intend to mount on a wall that gets late evening sun in my garden.

just waiting for the free time, eh? :lolol:

like thousands of others, my parents have a little patch of garden that will be forever Goldstone. plus a bottle crate used to carry sod back.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I remember having no desire to take anything. I just sat on my own high up in the West Stand as the destruction was taking place and just feeling that wasn't right for me.

The memories are ingrained without me claiming a corner flag

Yep it's what is in your head that's the most precious, 25 years on and the majority of artefacts forcibly removed from the Goldstone are probably long on or have been discarded.

What's in your head, no one can take away.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Yep l still have that tape too, the problem is that now video recorders are a thing of the past, l have no way of playing it. . . . sniff.

Take it to a photo printing shop and they'll convert it from VHS to a digital format. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here