Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Brighton (not football) park and ride scheme shelved again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
They may have been influenced by Maidstone's scheme closing this year after quite a few years.

I think Covid fukked it eventually. We hadn't used it for a few years but it was good.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
blame going on Greens, who are opposed to park and ride? dont know if thats cheap political slander or serious position.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I wonder if this is at all linked to the decision to scrap the bendy buses Brighton and Hove are currently using for the Mill Road park and ride? Those buses don't get good MPG and aren't allowed to travel up and down North Street during the day time. Can a double decker get through the tunnel at the bottom of Mill Road? If not, B&H would either need to invest in new bendies which get better MPG or hire single deckers to run on this new P&R scheme.

There's no doubt in my mind that we should have better travel infrastructure in our City and a park and ride would be a good start.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The problem is that there is no real place to have a P&R site in the area. Mill Road is OK ish for the football but as a main P&R site - nope. As for 500 cars being accommodated there - pull the other one. Old Court Farm is a possibility but you just know the road infrastructure to make it work wouldn't be put in.

Of course we could tarmac Braypool as was a previous Labour plan.

It needs multiple small sites with the correct infrastructure but we're somewhat limited with space. No idea what the solution is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here