Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Did anyone see the Navalny documentary on BBC2 this evening ?

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I did and thought that it made compelling viewing. Can't believe that he actually had the courage to return to Russia, when he knew what fate awaited him.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
I followed the story at the time but I’ll watch it on catch up. Surprised that Putin has let him live given his complete disregard for human life.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Going to watch it later. He is a very brave man. I have spoken about him on here before but I imagine the doc will explain who he is and what he's doing better than I can.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
is he still alive ...?? i know they tried to poison him twice , not sure what docco you're referring to , they showed one here a few months back ( before it all kicked off) and he was given a hefty jail sentence , was filmed in jail and didn't look too good.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
It was excellent. What a brave man. Speaking of brave men, I've just finished reading Bill Browder's Freezing order. Brilliant book that reads like a fictional novel. Deep insights in to the appalling regime of Putin and how far his murderous tentacles reach (or should I say reached).

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Imagine in a parallel world if he were head of state. Russia would thrive. But alas

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I lasted 2 minutes of the Palace Leeds game before I got fed up with the drum so switched over to the Preston Blackburn only to find Preston had a drum as well. Luckily Blackburn were stuffing them so they weren't as annoying as the Palace mongs. I did switch back and watch the end of the first half in the Palace game but a combination of it being dreadful, Zaha's cheating and moaning and that bloody drum I thought I'd look and see what else was on. Bloody glad I did as it was a fascinating watch. Fair play to the guy but I certainly wouldn't have gone back to Russia knowing full well I was likely to be detained on arrival.

Nice to see so many Russians don't buy Putin's bullshit and genuinely want a change and are prepared to get themselves arrested for the cause (admittedly for appearing to do very little).

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
It was excellent. What a brave man. Speaking of brave men, I've just finished reading Bill Browder's Freezing order. Brilliant book that reads like a fictional novel. Deep insights in to the appalling regime of Putin and how far his murderous tentacles reach (or should I say reached).
Browder’s books about his experiences in Russia are fascinating and read like a thriller, telling us what a corrupt and rogue nation it is. I almost said “lawless”, but Russia seems to have plenty of laws but simply chooses if, when and how to observe them through a judiciary that’s centrally controlled and manipulated. What Russia is doing to Ukraine ( and how it reports it to the Russian population) simply reinforces all that Browder, Belton and others have written about them. Hopefully more brave people will get behind Navaltny, though I expect it will be a slow and painful journey.

Whatever Putin achieves militarily in Ukraine will IMO be small beer compared to the long term impact of having alienated entire generations ( for many years to come) of the citizens of bordering countries, driving them closer to NATO and the EU than Putin expects or wants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here