Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Can you pass the shortest IQ test 3 questions

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Thought to be the shortest IQ test in the world, the Cognitive Reflection Test consists of just three questions :

1. A bat and a ball cost £1.10 in total. The bat costs £1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

2. If it takes five machines five minutes to make five widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

3. In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think:

1) £1.05 v 5p
2) 5 minutes
3) Mmmm 47 days

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So if you’re useless at maths you have a low IQ?

That’s me fecked

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
CRT tests are usually done to see how quickly a person gets the correct answer after giving the wrong one. IQ tests are more about logic, puzzles and memory.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
That’s numberwang!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep. Got those.

****ing good job; how foolish would I have felt, failing, after having spent half the day harranguing the editorial board and statistics consultant of my society journal about the correct use of post hoc tests and P values. :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1) 5
2) 5
3) a penalty to Man United.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thought to be the shortest IQ test in the world, the Cognitive Reflection Test consists of just three questions :

1. A bat and a ball cost £1.10 in total. The bat costs £1 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?

2. If it takes five machines five minutes to make five widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?

3. In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?

5 minute job :thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
IQ tests are really just a test of how good you are at IQ tests.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here