Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Anyone else off to see this lot at the Dome, tomorrow? Saw them pre-Covid at the Roundhouse and at the Albert Hall last Saturday. Fabulous band playing early Pink Floyd stuff and includes a terrific version of Echoes, on this tour.
The fun they're having on stage is infectious, and the musicianship is quality throughout.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Not a patch on Guinness Boy’s Binfull of Baggies

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Trivia: Guy Pratt, the bassist in Saucerful of Secrets is the son of actor Mike Pratt who played Jeff Randall in "Randall & Hopkirk" and who also incidentally co-wrote "Little White Bull" for Tommy Steele.

https://youtu.be/eVddTjF-CEM

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Trivia: Guy Pratt, the bassist in Saucerful of Secrets is the son of actor Mike Pratt who played Jeff Randall in "Randall & Hopkirk" and who also incidentally co-wrote "Little White Bull" for Tommy Steele.

I have a photo of me on TV singing Little White Bull at the Dome circa 7 yrs of age.
20220425_201126.jpg

I am the drummer!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Yes, and Guy recently met up with Mark Cope (Kenneth 'Marty Hopkirk' Cope's son) - perhaps a new series? :lolol:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Do they do Interstellar Overdrive & if so is it the full on 1967 version i.e. about 20 minutes of noodling?

Most people watching this time around won't have dropped acid so it may not be the same... :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
My first ever concert was at the Marlowe Theatre Canterbury on the Saucerful of Secrets tour just after Dave Gilmour replaced Syd. Gutted I won’t be going :down:

If anyone has a spare ticket let me know, it’s sold out

August West

Jul 30, 2013
Anyone else off to see this lot at the Dome, tomorrow? Saw them pre-Covid at the Roundhouse and at the Albert Hall last Saturday. Fabulous band playing early Pink Floyd stuff and includes a terrific version of Echoes, on this tour.
The fun they're having on stage is infectious, and the musicianship is quality throughout.

I bought a ticket two years ago when they were playing The Piper at the Gates of Dawn, when I got the new ticket last week it’s billed as the Echoes tour. Possibly disappointing as I was looking forward to my favourite of their albums.
Anyway, I’m still going, I’ll be the one with grey hair wearing a mask.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here