Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Local Dentists

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Whenever I am in a conundrum I always seem to turn to NSC these days.

Anyway, the Jackanory bit...

Needed an urgent appointment and got one at an NHS clinic Saturday. The young dentist did a holding job and told me to see my dentist and said an extraction or a root canal may be needed. My dentist would advise.

I call my NHS dentist who tells me they have a small problem. They don't have a dentist.

There seems to be no NHS dentists available in Brighton. There are further afield. But not for treatment anytime soon.

So I look into private. One claims that private isn't much more expensive than the NHS. I rather beg to differ. Unless it's a case of shopping around.

Last time I went private I got a load of stuff about a process that would take ages and cost gazillions of pounds. I'm at the age where if it's manky take it out if it needs filling just do that. I don't need bells and knobs.

Can anyone suggest an NHS dentist that is available in Sussex or a local private one in Brighton & Hove that won't ask me to take out a bank loan for an extraction- or treat me like I'm an A list celebrity who trades on their smile and needs a £5000 a month payment plan.

Last edited:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Go to Scotland, tell them you are on holiday and it's causing you grief - NHS dentist easily available and will probably remove it for £50

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Needed an urgent appointment and got one at an NHS clinic Saturday. The young dentist did a holding job and told me to see my dentist and said an extraction or a root canal may be needed. My dentist would advise.

I call my NHS dentist who tells me they have a small problem. They don't have a dentist.

There seems to be no NHS dentists available in Brighton. There are further afield. But not for treatment anytime soon.

So I look into private. One claims that private isn't much more expensive than the NHS. I rather beg to differ. Unless it's a case of shopping around.

Last time I went private I got a load of stuff about a process that would take ages and cost gazillions of pounds. I'm at the age where if it's manky take it out if it needs filling just do that. I don't need bells and knobs.

Can anyone suggest an NHS dentist that is available in Sussex or a local private one in Brighton & Hove that won't ask me to take out a ban loan for an extraction- or treat me like I'm an A list celebrity who trades on their smile and needs a £5000 a month payment plan.

Try this link https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/dentists/how-to-find-an-nhs-dentist/

We are in eastbourne and now having your issue. Our long standing NHS dentist decided to retire and sell his practice but the incoming people ridiculously failed to check if any dentists were available . Accordingly, we had a family appointment cancelled last week an hour before it was due . Thankfully it was just for check ups but we were fuming . Luckily we have now been able to book the kids in to a local NHS practice but if you click the link I posted above you might notice that lots of practices are now private only for fee paying adults .

Anyone who tries to tell you that private costs are comparable is talking rot . Here's an example of NHS

Band 1: £23.80
Covers an examination, diagnosis and advice. If necessary, it also includes X-rays, a scale and polish, and planning for further treatment

Ask for that privately it will be around £50 for the examination alone . And then you will be referred to the private hygienist for a £50 scaling!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Implants done sound too expensive

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Can anyone suggest an NHS dentist that is available in Sussex or a local private one in Brighton & Hove that won't ask me to take out a bank loan for an extraction- or treat me like I'm an A list celebrity who trades on their smile and needs a £5000 a month payment plan.

Try Peacehaven Dental Practice or South Coast Dental Centre, both of which are on the coast road.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm in Bexhill and couldn't get a local dentist for love nor money, even the private ones aren't able to see you any time soon. I've gone with the Sussex Implant Centre in Woodingdean as they are fairly reasonably priced for private and could see me straight away, bit of a trek over but I can combine it with popping in to see my old dear at the same time.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Try Peacehaven Dental Practice or South Coast Dental Centre, both of which are on the coast road.

From what l've seen of Peacehaven there isn't a lot which isn't on the coast road.

An interesting place though, until the end of the First World War there was very little there until homes were built for returning servicemen. Hence the name.

Sorry for going a tad off topic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here