Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Steve Gritt at half time

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
On the pitch with some other names from 25 years ago. Great to see him but the reaction from the crowd was so disappointing. Looking around I’m not sure many really knew who he was.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Half time is always disappointing for 'guests'. Many fans are in the toilets or drinking beer.

My other half was in his firm's box yesterday, so was able to get a selfie with him. Lovely bloke.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There was also a smashing montage shown that fast forwarded through the years from the dog days of the Goldstone to the present day. So many great memories! Don't suppose anybody's able to post it on here by any chance?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
On the pitch with some other names from 25 years ago. Great to see him but the reaction from the crowd was so disappointing. Looking around I’m not sure many really knew who he was.

I'm not hugely surprised. I suspect a large section of our fans weren't even born for the great escape and surrounding years. It was great to hear from him and see some of the key players back, but half time is a woeful time for those things.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
There was also a smashing montage shown that fast forwarded through the years from the dog days of the Goldstone to the present day. So many great memories! Don't suppose anybody's able to post it on here by any chance?

Agreed, it was superb. I would have thought the club would put it out somewhere.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agreed, it was superb. I would have thought the club would put it out somewhere.

I've contacted them to see if they will put in MyAlbion tv or on Twitter.

Presenting Steve Gritt would have been much better just before kick off.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
I'm not sure if it just me, but I find the PA awful to try to hear, particularly when anyone who is not Richie Reynolds speaking.

Surely in this day & age, a PA system can be made to be properly audible?!

Tiptoe through the NSC

Sep 13, 2017
St. Leonards-on-Sea
I agree with all of the above but was also struck by his eloquence regarding those two games and their relevance to the setting in which he found himself. I was really impressed by him and felt his words deserved a larger and more attentive audience.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I'm not sure if it just me, but I find the PA awful to try to hear, particularly when anyone who is not Richie Reynolds speaking.

Surely in this day & age, a PA system can be made to be properly audible?!

Completely agree, I can't understand what is being said more often than not, especially the half-time interviews. Same goes for interviews shown on the big screen before matches.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

It was a rerun of the montage showed at the dinner on Friday evening - what a great night it was.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Unfortunately both SS and RR who were obviously invited to Friday night and Sunday were unable to attend.

SS will be at the Man Utd game.

Agree with others that half time is not a great time to do these things - but when else could they be done?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Unfortunately both SS and RR who were obviously invited to Friday night and Sunday were unable to attend.

SS will be at the Man Utd game.

Agree with others that half time is not a great time to do these things - but when else could they be done?[/QUOTE

Pre-match? Half time is for queuing, emptying and loading.

D

Deleted member 2719

This is exactly why the atmosphere isn't what it should be, too many there who have gone stale, or have none of the Albion diehard history instilled in them.
We, unfortunately, lack spunk in too many areas of the ground.

If only they could prove me wrong, have any decibel tests been done.:lol:

"let's be having you"

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
15000 to 20000 new fans (plastic if you want) have joined since those dark days and as others have said before, probably know little about Steve Gritt, or ultimately are too young.

What he achieved in that second half of the season winning almost every home game was miraculous (yes, the away form remained crap) but his status as an Albion legend will not be forgotten. Used to love the 'he's got no hair but we don't care' song too.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Half time is always disappointing for 'guests'. Many fans are in the toilets or drinking beer.

My other half was in his firm's box yesterday, so was able to get a selfie with him. Lovely bloke.

I completely agree. They should bring guests out 10 minutes before kickoff or at least mention in advance that they are going to be interviewed at half time.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
15000 to 20000 new fans (plastic if you want) have joined since those dark days

Hmmm... I don't think you can call fans who started following in the 25 post-Goldstone years 'new' let alone 'plastic'.

BTW, a fan who who started following Albion, aged 17, at the beginning of the Withdean era would be 40 this year... and potentially taking their own kids now. Time flies!

D

Deleted member 2719

Hmmm... I don't think you can call fans who started following in the 25 post-Goldstone years 'new' let alone 'plastic'.

BTW, a fan who who started following Albion, aged 17, at the beginning of the Withdean era would be 40 this year... and potentially taking their own kids now. Time flies!

40-year-olds can be plastic, I know a few insta kids:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here