Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Congratulations to Nathan Jones.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Congratulations to our ex-player and first team coach, and interim manager, Nathan Jones on being voted EFL Championship Manager of the year.
Taken Luton Town into the play offs(probably) on a fraction of the budget of other clubs. He’s a bit of a strange bloke , but is obviously a good young manager.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Times had a Luton match report last week unoriginally titled ‘You've been Gone Too Long.’ I guess some Tory old farts who read that rag would understand the reference, but lost on many I imagine.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Our next manager I’m sure. Not too sure I’d want to see us adopting Luton’s style but I guess it’s a case of needs must there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Our next manager I’m sure. Not too sure I’d want to see us adopting Luton’s style but I guess it’s a case of needs must there.

It may have only been two games, but we didn't lose with him, and Fulham away was great fun.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The Times had a Luton match report last week unimaginably titled ‘You've been Gone Too Long.’ I guess some Tory old farts who read that rag would understand the reference, but lost on many I imagine.

I must qualify as an old fart, I am 73, voted Tory at the last election, read the Times and understand the reference.
However, Cheeky Monkey, I am no fan of Johnson and want him gone asap and I would add that the Times is far from a blind faith Tory newspaper and is, quite rightly, very critical of the Government when necessary.
🤗

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It may have only been two games, but we didn't lose with him, and Fulham away was great fun.

That Fulham game was a cracker. Went there expecting nothing, came away with a 2-0 win. Poured down with rain, the whole evening, if I remember rightly.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I must qualify as an old fart, I am 73, voted Tory at the last election, read the Times and understand the reference.
However, Cheeky Monkey, I am no fan of Johnson and want him gone asap and I would add that the Times is far from a blind faith Tory newspaper and is, quite rightly, very critical of the Government when necessary.
��

Plus it’s a shame that their has to be yet another thread with political comments

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The Times had a Luton match report last week unoriginally titled ‘You've been Gone Too Long.’ I guess some Tory old farts who read that rag would understand the reference, but lost on many I imagine.

I'm neither a Tory nor an old fart and I get the reference. I imagine most Brighton fans would as the same joke is regurgitated on every Jones thread. Aside from that, I don't think you need to read the times to be familiar with the oeuvre of The Supremes or Bananarama :lolol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm neither a Tory nor an old fart and I get the reference. I imagine most Brighton fans would as the same joke is regurgitated on every Jones thread. Aside from that, I don't think you need to read the times to be familiar with the oeuvre of The Supremes or Bananarama :lolol:

Not an issue with NCS’s demographic I appreciate, but I doubt many under 35 would be familiar.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I’m not sure he’s our next manager.
He was pretty pissed off he wasn’t offered the job over Chris Hughton. Quite critical of the hierarchy at the club.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Why on earth are you sure about him becoming our next manager!!!! Yes ok he had a moderately successful time with us as a player back in the Withdean years, and did ok as a coach, inc a brief spell taking charge for a couple of games in the Championship, but that doesn't make him anything like a shoe in to be our next manager in the Premier League.

Has everyone suddenly forgotten what happened to him at Stoke City? I've nothing against the bloke at all, but sure to be our next manager? no ldon't think so.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Has everyone suddenly forgotten what happened to him at Stoke City? .

Really don't think you can judge him on that basis. Stoke was a mess when he went there and he was always doomed to fail. They have done nothing since either.

Great man, great manager. Our job came too early for him, but he will definitely be in the running if it becomes available again.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I love a bit of oeuvre of Bananarama, me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Would be fun to see them go up. I'm guessing they would be royally ****ed, but still.

Why on earth are you sure about him becoming our next manager!!!! Yes ok he had a moderately successful time with us as a player back in the Withdean years, and did ok as a coach, inc a brief spell taking charge for a couple of games in the Championship, but that doesn't make him anything like a shoe in to be our next manager in the Premier League.

Has everyone suddenly forgotten what happened to him at Stoke City? I've nothing against the bloke at all, but sure to be our next manager? no ldon't think so.

Sometimes it just doesnt work out. :shrug: Like Hughton in Nottingham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here