[Albion] Saints at home was...

Saints at home was..,

• One point gained

Votes: 16 8.7%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 168 91.3%

• Total voters

theboybilly

2 points dropped. However, for me it was an excellent game. Two sides going for it in what was essentially a 'Dead Rubber'. Saints were up to their old tricks but they played some good stuff too. Our new midfield did well to keep a grip on things. It was only JW-P that kept them in in it. I can't remember too many other real threats other than Evan's air shot. A very entertaining end-of-season match. Worth every penny to see Mwepu and Caciedo ever impressing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I missed three of the goals (don't ask) so all I saw was 1-0 Stains. Foot like a traction engine. So one point gained for me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This is a non-poll. How can it be a point gained after blowing a 2 goal lead and watching them get dicked 3-0 by Burnley on Thursday?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
We totally dominated the first half and out-played the Stains with some nice football, being 2-0 up close to half time. Then give away a cheap free kick which they score from. Second half we concede another flukey long range strike and then have a goal disallowed for being a millimetre offside. Definitely two points lost, partly down to bad luck and partly down to throwing it away.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hey Burnley aren't anyones pushover, they came to the Amex and played us off the park, forgotten that already?

They beat Wolves yesterday as well. We've got no excuse to not go there on Saturday and get a point to cement our place in the history books.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Well quite. Galling too to see Pascal Gross's "winning" goal ruled out by the width of his knee, or whatever it was.

there was nothing in it, millimetres in fact , literally. that lino was a disgrace , Wellbeck , March , Cucurella and Mwepu all fouled and waved away by him ....i read somewhere he's a palace fan.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I could see us losing that after 10 mins of the second half, I was pleased to get away with a point by the end as the officials were determined not to let us win. Saints were allowed to cheat and also played well once they equalised

Where’s the option for two points lost and a point gained and FFS Webster? :wink:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
there was nothing in it, millimetres in fact , literally. that lino was a disgrace , Wellbeck , March , Cucurella and Mwepu all fouled and waved away by him ....i read somewhere he's a palace fan.

That would explain a lot

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We edged it overall, plus we were 2 ahead. Def 2 dropped

scooter1

How soon is now?
We looked a different team after the Livramento injury, and whilst we scored another(albeit an OG that Welbeck was hopefully going to get in the end of) we capitulated for around 25 mins. I thought we were going to lose at 2-2, but we got back into it eventually. It was a good game, that could have been great if not for some iffy officiating. My first thought after the free kick that got Saints first was ‘why did you let it bounce’, but on seeing it last night on MOTD, it looks like it’s too far from Dunk, and then they just got in each other’s way…

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We looked a different team after the Livramento injury, and whilst we scored another(albeit an OG that Welbeck was hopefully going to get in the end of) we capitulated for around 25 mins. I thought we were going to lose at 2-2, but we got back into it eventually. It was a good game, that could have been great if not for some iffy officiating. My first thought after the free kick that got Saints first was ‘why did you let it bounce’, but on seeing it last night on MOTD, it looks like it’s too far from Dunk, and then they just got in each other’s way…

Much as I saw it, I do wonder if Dunk or Duffy a few years ago would have gone for that ball and cleared it from danger, and taken 2 other players out as well!. Regardless, we should never have conceded from that free kick, poor defensive wall and keeping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here