Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross' offside goal

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I know there's clips and comments elsewhere but felt it worthy if it's own thread.

Having seen the freeze frame, Gross looks like he's onside. Ive only seen seen that one image shared elsewhere but can someone convince me that he was indeed off?

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did he come back from an offside position before he took the shot? Only reason that I can think it was not given as he was not offside when he took the shot imo

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
48E9FA65-BC6A-4507-BE40-6350F9D1CAFA.jpeg

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It looked offside at first but when they checked it with VAR you can clearly see how one of their useless defenders is being useless, cancelling their offside trap and Gross looks to be very much in line with him (unless he has very long hairs on his knees).

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
It wasn't even deemed worthy of including in the highlights package from Sky on YouTube.

Similarly MotD overlooked it, but then, after a quick thoughts and prayers to Livramento, they overlooked all of the other players on the pitch, so keen were they to bang on about James (not as good as Peter) Ward (not as useful for helping kids to cross the road as Dave) -Prowse.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Similarly MotD overlooked it, but then, after a quick thoughts and prayers to Livramento, they overlooked all of the other players on the pitch, so keen were they to bang on about James (not as good as Peter) Ward (not as useful for helping kids to cross the road as Dave) -Prowse.

That was a proper wankfest and as you say other than the injury was all they discussed. If City or Liverpool had been denied that goal it would have been the main talking point.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
my seat was about inline with gross when he took shot, looked bang level onside to me until helpful lino and VAR intervened, must have been half a knee or big toe and boot lace offside

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I thought VAR was going to be tweaked this season to do away with these thumbnail offside decisions...
The ref took a lot of stick from the radio commentary.

Yes, it goes with the linesman’s decision, which was off. If he keeps his flag down I reckon it stands.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I really hope they introduce the changes to the offside rule (= as long as any body part is onside, the player is onside) are in place for next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here