Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls GOING FOR IT!

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
The seagulls at the bottom of my garden have been going for it HAMMER AND TONGS this morning! Is this a good omen?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Living very close to the sea, pretty much every house in our road has a seagull family on the chimney at the moment. They make very distinctive sounds. There's like a cackle if they are threatening you, while the screech lets everyone know where they are. And, when they "faire des bébés mouettes", well, it's quite the thing. Long, loud and violent. And then they leave the nest unprotected and if any baby does survive it seems to have the IQ of a cabbage and a desire to become instant road kill.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Living very close to the sea, pretty much every house in our road has a seagull family on the chimney at the moment. They make very distinctive sounds. There's like a cackle if they are threatening you, while the screech lets everyone know where they are. And, when they "faire des bébés mouettes", well, it's quite the thing. Long, loud and violent. And then they leave the nest unprotected and if any baby does survive it seems to have the IQ of a cabbage and a desire to become instant road kill.

Opposition goalkeepers haven’t heard much cackling at the Amex in recent times

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Years ago when living in Alexandra Villas we were getting pissed off with what we thought was next door hammering things on the wall where we had a boarded up fireplace. After a couple of days we went and asked them to stop doing it at all hours. They denied doing anything so we removed the board to see what it could be. Out flew and crashed and flew a baby seagull. It must have fallen down the chimney and couldn’t get out. It also explained the loud seagull noises we’d noticed around the house for a few days. I legged it shutting the door behind me (I hate birds) and asked my wife to deal with it. She went in there opened the first floor lounge window and after a bit of chasing the little bugger went out of the window and crash landed in the tiny front garden below and staggered around a bit. Next door neighbour’s massive tomcat pounced on it and killed the poor little bugger :down:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They are hideous and stupid animals.

Luckily I live nowhere near water now (in Lund) so we dont have any (or very few) seagulls but in Gothenburg they were everywhere. Large, ugly and that judgemental gaze they give you when you're out looking for half-smoked joints. We did not get along at all, a mutual distrust and dislike.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

This ! Now add in a dog that HATES seagulls and the seagulls taunt him ..... at FIVE in the morning ........ so he runs around barking like a madman.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Years ago when living in Alexandra Villas we were getting pissed off with what we thought was next door hammering things on the wall where we had a boarded up fireplace. After a couple of days we went and asked them to stop doing it at all hours. They denied doing anything so we removed the board to see what it could be. Out flew and crashed and flew a baby seagull. It must have fallen down the chimney and couldn’t get out. It also explained the loud seagull noises we’d noticed around the house for a few days. I legged it shutting the door behind me (I hate birds) and asked my wife to deal with it. She went in there opened the first floor lounge window and after a bit of chasing the little bugger went out of the window and crash landed in the tiny front garden below and staggered around a bit. Next door neighbour’s massive tomcat pounced on it and killed the poor little bugger :down:

Yes, that's EXACTLY how clever baby seagulls are.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I love the sound of seagulls. It’s part of living by the sea. A beautiful sound. Wouldn’t be without it.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes, that's EXACTLY how clever baby seagulls are.

Are human infants all that much smarter though? I imagine that if they were living on our roofs they would fall down quite a lot, and if they were alone on the streets at age 0 lots of them would turn into roadkills.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Are human infants all that much smarter though? I imagine that if they were living on our roofs they would fall down quite a lot, and if they were alone on the streets at age 0 lots of them would turn into roadkills.

True. Which is exactly why we evolved into creating maternity hospitals. houses, locks, pushchairs, clothes and CBeebies.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
True. Which is exactly why we evolved into creating maternity hospitals. houses, locks, pushchairs, clothes and CBeebies.

Can you imagine if seagulls evolved some kind of society too? What a dystopian hellscape that would be. A seagull version of Piers Morgan might actually be the most terrifying aspect of all that I think.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Can you imagine if seagulls evolved some kind of society too? What a dystopian hellscape that would be. A seagull version of Piers Morgan might actually be the most terrifying aspect of all that I think.

:lolol:

This is probably one of the scariest things I have ever read on NSC :eek:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Luckily they didn’t take their chance to evolve.

The Dinosaurs have had about 165m years to evolve to our level but have failed. Avian Dinosaurs (the only living survivors) are seemingly limited by their preference to fly. A big heavy brain needs machines to fly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Utter nonsense. A herring gull can live for up to 30 years whereas I am 58, so I've lived here almost twice as long as any poxy seagull.

I didn't name any one particular herring gull, like Cyril the seagull on the roof. I presume you are familiar with the term 'species'?

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
If you build it, they will come.
What I mean is, any structure that is man made the seagulls will come and shit all over it???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here