Date: Sunday 24th April 2022
Kick-off: 14:00 BST
Referee: Robert Jones
Assistants: Dan Cook, Wade Smith
Fourth Official: Simon Hooper
VAR: Michael Salisbury
Additional VAR: Nick Hopton

TEAM NEWS

Brighton welcome back Leandro Trossard after a brief illness saw him miss the midweek trip to Manchester City.

Steven Alzate has recovered from a virus and could be involved while Yves Bissouma serves the final game of a two-match suspension.

Southampton appear to have no new injury concerns after their defeat to Burnley on Thursday.

Goalkeeper Alex McCarthy is nearing full fitness after nearly five months out with a hamstring injury.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Brighton have one win from nine Premier League meetings with Southampton (D5, L3).
    [*=left]The Saints have won their last three league visits to Brighton and are aiming to set a new top-flight club record of four consecutive away wins against a single opponent.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton have won just once in their past 13 home Premier League games (D6, L6).
    [*=left]The Seagulls are goalless in five top-flight matches at the Amex Stadium, scoring just 10 times at home this season, the fewest of any side.
    [*=left]Graham Potter's side are unbeaten in the league this season on a Sunday (W3, D1).
    [*=left]Albion have one win from the last 19 league games (D11, L7) in which Yves Bissouma did not feature.
Southampton

• [*=left]Southampton have failed to keep a clean sheet in their previous 11 Premier League away games, conceding 24 goals.
    [*=left]Ralph Hasenhuttl's side have won three of their 16 top-flight away matches this season.
    [*=left]Saints have won four of their last five Premier League away games on a Sunday, losing the other.
    [*=left]Southampton have shipped a league-high 13 headed goals in the current campaign.

Graham Potter's Southampton Press Conference

[tweet]1518198235952787458[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1518198235952787458

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am going with great hope but zero expectation :smile:

Too many home disappointments to feel any other way!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Southampton *** Official Match Thread ***

We’ll have more than 20 shots today, I know it.

However, the net does not bulge for us at the Amex. I’ll attend with that knowledge hoping for a clean sheet and to hopefully see Sarmiento in action.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

However, the net does not bulge for us at the Amex. I’ll attend with that knowledge hoping for a clean sheet and to hopefully see Sarmiento in action.

That equates to 3 on target.

0-0 it is then, until we needlessly give away a free kick on the 89th minute.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Hoping for an 'Arsenal' or 'Spuds' performance.

Expecting a 'Villa' or 'Naarich'

Dreading Burnley.

Come on lads, about time we gave Stains a good thrashing.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
So it's no goals at home since January and only 10 all season Brighton against no away clean sheet in 11 and 24 goals conceded in that time Southampton.

Somethings got to give.* How exciting!

*2-1 to southampton it is then:tantrum:

Nah, 8-0 to the good guys.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I’m at the game today.

So pleased Trossard is back.

These are prone to taking an absolute drubbing - let give ‘em one!!!

#UTA

#LOOSEASHECK

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I am going with great hope but zero expectation :smile:

Too many home disappointments to feel any other way!

…and it’s the hope that kills you as we all know!!

5-0 to the good guys!:albion2:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Yes, we need to try a couple of players who haven't become terrified of the remote possibility of scoring at the Amex: Sarmiento, Ferguson...for at least 45 mins each.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What a lovely morning here in BN2, off to watch my daughters final league game, hopefully they can clinch third place in their first season, home quick change and down to the Amex, to hopefully see us spank Scumpton

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
What a lovely morning here in BN2, off to watch my daughters final league game, hopefully they can clinch third place in their first season, home quick change and down to the Amex, to hopefully see us spank Scumton

Hope so but not sure we could spank Trumpton such is our home form. Here’s hoping though…

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Havent witnessed many goals at home recently... so a goal or two would be fantastic. Today's the day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here