Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Bus replacement Service tomorrow - South Coast Line

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Not sure I have seen this mentioned so just to warn everyone.

It is mentioned on seagulls official site too.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 21.33.23.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-23 at 21.33.23.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 271

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
(absolutely not) unbelievable.

theboybilly

Unless I've got this wrong there was a complete service running along the West Coast way today and yet the club and the Premier League agree to move a fixture that is not going to be broadcast to a day with serious travel problems, again!
They really don't give a stuff about fans.
Why, just why?

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Unless I've got this wrong there was a complete service running along the West Coast way today and yet the club and the Premier League agree to move a fixture that is not going to be broadcast to a day with serious travel problems, again!
They really don't give a stuff about fans.
Why, just why?

Because Southampton played on Thursday.

theboybilly

Because Southampton played on Thursday.

Yes, I should have checked before I posted. But even so the fans should be better thought of than this. The club should grow a pair and say 'no, there are other matches that could be played on Thursday that won't impact on supporters. It just seems we get the worst of this at the Amex For goodness sakes we had weeks without a home game because of that pointless International break that seemed to go on forever. I'm proper fed up with it

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I'm sorted. Got 4 spare seats from Shoreham High St.
Screenshot_2022-04-24-00-19-09-62_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
And I see (rather I dont) national rail have far fewer extra services running. Dont suppose playing Sunday helps but its not like the same 30k number of fans wont be turning up. Enjoy the sardine service to and from Falmer, not! Club comment about action to address this constant ongoing ptoblem be handy or have they been sold down the river like us fans?

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
And I see (rather I dont) national rail have far fewer extra services running. Dont suppose playing Sunday helps but its not like the same 30k number of fans wont be turning up. Enjoy the sardine service to and from Falmer, not! Club comment about action to address this constant ongoing ptoblem be handy or have they been sold down the river like us fans?

Yes, it's a cracking service Today. From Eastbourne there is one direct train an hout to and from Falmer and one where you have to change at Lewes. That is going to be fun, after the game especially.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes, I should have checked before I posted. But even so the fans should be better thought of than this. The club should grow a pair and say 'no, there are other matches that could be played on Thursday that won't impact on supporters. It just seems we get the worst of this at the Amex For goodness sakes we had weeks without a home game because of that pointless International break that seemed to go on forever. I'm proper fed up with it

To be fair the club don't have a choice. The clubs have a contractual obligation with the broadcasters. Southampton/Burnley was chosen as a broadcast game and was moved, presumably to Thursday because there was a bigger game on the Wed being broadcast. It still sucks when the trains aren't running, it affects us when the mainline has been shut on occasion. Pretty much every away game we've done this year has been blighted by engineering works!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not forgetting rail works are planned up to 12 months in advance ….

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yes, it's a cracking service Today. From Eastbourne there is one direct train an hout to and from Falmer and one where you have to change at Lewes. That is going to be fun, after the game especially.

Seriously considering driving to Lewes today rather than Polegate. With two kids in tow waiting around at Lewes for a connection after the game is a total ballache, its bad enough after a Saturday 3pm game but with a reduced Sunday service I cannot be arsed with it.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Not as bad from Brighton but there's the same situation that has puzzled me in the past. They must know that between 1pm-1.45pm the trains will get really, really uncomfortably busy. So you'd have thought it would be logical to ensure there are good options in the hour before that to ease the pressure.

Instead the 12 minute gap between trains earlier in the day becomes half an hour with no services at all, thereby ensuring the train which gets to the ground an hour before kick-off will be rammed, with a knock-on for the following services. Makes no sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here