Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Coldean Lane Parking on a matchday?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Asking well in advance as my youngest is a student and probably moving to a house there after summer. Are there restrictions or is it possible to park in that area?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Asking well in advance as my youngest is a student and probably moving to a house there after summer. Are there restrictions or is it possible to park in that area?

On match day it’s residents only. Presume you need a permit, however if the property has a driveway you are laughing

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Residents in the parking zone get one free 'guest parking' permit. I don't know how that works if the house (like a lot of student house seem to be) is a multicar household. Your daughter might have one of them to share with you.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Residents in the parking zone get one free 'guest parking' permit. I don't know how that works if the house (like a lot of student house seem to be) is a multicar household. Your daughter might have one of them to share with you.

Nope. That was taken away.

Residents can buy daily guest parking permits now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was going to ask a similar question regarding parking up and riding into the Stadium.
The club isn't exactly forthcoming as to how far the restrictions spread.

Important things to remember if travelling by car
There are no uncontrolled parking areas at either the university campus or the Brighton Aldridge Academy; entry to these premises will be controlled by stewards.
There is no on-street parking anywhere close to the stadium and there are traffic schemes in place to make sure that this is upheld.
Nearby residential areas will be controlled by stewards and access on matchdays will be available to residents only.
If you do park in areas around the stadium, you run a very real risk of receiving a parking ticket or worse still, having your car towed away.
Map your journey ahead of travelling to ensure that you have the correct location and arrive in good time.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Looks like it has a drive from Google street map but the photo was taken when building was going on. The drive appeared to only have room for 1 car but may have been widened I suppose. I guess the one day permit may be worth it. Just park is an option but I think I would just continue at the awful Bridge in that case as the price would be similar.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I was going to ask a similar question regarding parking up and riding into the Stadium.
The club isn't exactly forthcoming as to how far the restrictions spread.

Important things to remember if travelling by car
There are no uncontrolled parking areas at either the university campus or the Brighton Aldridge Academy; entry to these premises will be controlled by stewards.
There is no on-street parking anywhere close to the stadium and there are traffic schemes in place to make sure that this is upheld.
Nearby residential areas will be controlled by stewards and access on matchdays will be available to residents only.
If you do park in areas around the stadium, you run a very real risk of receiving a parking ticket or worse still, having your car towed away.
Map your journey ahead of travelling to ensure that you have the correct location and arrive in good time.

Zone B is the whole of Coldean
Zone D is the whole of moulsecoomb and Bates Estate to the Avenue

https://www.brighton-hove.gov.uk/parking-zones#map

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Nope, I'm zone D too. Got it this season.

EDIT: We had to apply, but didn't have to pay.

Fair enough. I had one for 4 or 5 years but was told I could not get one the last time I applied. I could not even get a free residents permit. I can’t remember the exact reason but off road parking could be one of them. I can only get guest permit vouchers now.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My son has tried to register for the guest parking ticket for me for the 17th Sept, yep the date of the Palace game. He only gains tenancy on the 16th and as we are headed over to the match it makes sense to drop some stuff off and park at his. However Brighton council haven't been very helpful as he phoned to enquire, was redirected online and keeps hitting a problem with their criteria. They need a tenancy agreement within the last 3 months, his was signed just over 3 months ago, and also a bill from the past 3 months i.e. council tax, utility etc. However, this seems impossible as he is only able to reside there from the 16th at the earliest. In this situation, it seems ridiculous that he doesn't seem able to get the necessary permit due to their rules and the unfortunate timing with a game-day.

Anyone had this problem and if so, how did you surmount it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here