Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster and Veltman both interviewed for Friday night on radio 5 starting shortly

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Albeit Velty will be asked primarily about the new ManUre manager. Webby will be asked about his job with us (and, no doubt, why Potter can't coach wins at home).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nice interview, fair, interested, Clinton Morrison well-informed, Fletch complimentary about our ability to plan and be bespoke at every game. Webby says we never have any 'grey areas' (aspects of play that are not part of a plan). Meetings, planning, refining, clear roles and responsibilities.

Potter has 'improved every one of us' and he has the tools to (manage at a higher level - Morrison's words) but really focused on improving us . . .we can keep on improving....(lovely to hear).

Fletch being very complimentary about Brighton and Potter.

Morrison says 'Potter is a fantastic manager....his players buy into it...."I rate Brighton as a football team and Potter is an outstanding manager").

Yep, very pleasing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Webster "I understand the game a lot more now....(thanks to Potter)". "Really enjoyable...training...games....great place to play your football"

:love:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Morrison "one of the best passing teams....football at times is breathtaking....Potter is fantastic.....as a player you'd want to play for a manager like that....any team they play they don't fear....on the front foot....and that comes from an ex Palace man - I shouldn't be bigging them up, ha ha"

Love Clinton Morrison :bowdown:

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Nice interview, fair, interested, Clinton Morrison well-informed, Fletch complimentary about our ability to plan and be bespoke at every game. Webby says we never have any 'grey areas' (aspects of play that are not part of a plan). Meetings, planning, refining, clear roles and responsibilities.

Potter has 'improved every one of us' and he has the tools to (manage at a higher level - Morrison's words) but really focused on improving us . . .we can keep on improving....(lovely to hear).

Fletch being very complimentary about Brighton and Potter.

Morrison says 'Potter is a fantastic manager....his players buy into it...."I rate Brighton as a football team and Potter is an outstanding manager").

Yep, very pleasing.

Clinton's a decent pundit... does his homework 👍

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Webster: "Our gaffa is not afraid of what people think. He'll analyse it. He's a modern manager...adaptable...off the pitch and on the pitch....really refreshing".

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You can rewind to listen on BBC Sounds
The Adam Webster /Brighton bit starts at 8.08pm on 5 Live

Veltman on Ten Haag is in the previous hour

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
"we don't panic, we don't get too high or low....under this gaffa it's such a great place to come to work....keeps you level headed and always wanting more"

Players "such a great bond with one another...that shows on the pitch...develop relationships on and off the pitch....everyone so friendly"

Next big challenge? "All about progression...beat the 41 points....break into top ten....kick on....who knows....Europe/top 8"

Webster isn't the sharpest tool in the box but he knows where all the other tools are, knows what the box is for, and is happy to be a sharpened toolin a lovely box.

Morrison: "Their recruitment is first class"

Webby "the step up to the EPL was tough. The speed of thought of players, and the speed of the game, you have to get to terms quickly and ....I hit a bad patch of form and it was hard to come back from that....Covid gave us all a breather and when we came back we were raring to go".

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Man City game (the 3-2) "Amazing atmosphere....we stuck at it....we believed...we deserved it....I'll never forget that"

(I was there and it was special).

This is all a bit of a love in....if you aren't tuned in you have missed a treat. No 'little ole Brighton' bollox, just a celebration.

Now let's STUFF the STAINS on STAIN-STUFFING SUNDAY.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Man City game (the 3-2) "Amazing atmosphere....we stuck at it....we believed...we deserved it....I'll never forget that"

This is all a bit of a love in....if you aren't tuned in you have missed a treat. No 'little ole Brighton' bollox, just a celebration.

Available on BBC Sounds ….I’ll be listening later as only spotted this thread ten mins or so ago…

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Thanks for all the quotes, HWT 👍

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's no wonder we're always losing everything is so nice.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Go on Webdini, he can take the next step for sure. Stay fit and play yourself into this England side, let's face it Maguire is a donkey in comparison.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Win a couple of games, whore ourselves out to the media about how wonderful we are - the Brighton way.

Nice interviews though, good lads, brilliant players and not surprising to hear them speak to well.

That said, I can't believe we're really harking back to winning a game 12 months ago on national radio. Good grief.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila

Thanks for link 👍🏻 Been enjoying over breakfast on the balcony since realised no footy today to look forward to. Gonna be a long weekend until the L1 winning season memories derby (which isn’t a derby).

After palarse and possibly manure this is the best match-up to look forward to. But I realise I’m too young to have felt the pompey rivalry. 10 years ago was a lot of fun though and I bet it’s partially why I like Lallana and hold no ill feelings at all, but never quite felt same about him as some other current players. Anyone else?

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City

Can’t wait…flying in Sunday morning, time for a cup of tea and then off to the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here