Who do you WANT to go down?

• Burnley

Votes: 62 21.9%
  • Everton

Votes: 221 78.1%

• Total voters

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Yes, I know it could be Leeds or even others. But I guess that Leeds would sway the vote too much. So let's assume it is a two horse race. Who do you WANT to go DOWN? Not who you think will go down but who you would like to see go.

I can't make up my mind. Always thought I would go with Burnley for their anti football and large proportion of knuckle dragging fans. But Everton would be amusing. Although I would feel sorry for the other Championship clubs as Sky Sports Football would become Sky Sports Everton.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Burnley with a capital B.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Let me thi.. ... Everton.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Everton.

If Burnley stay up, high chance they’ll just be back in the relegation mixer again next year. Good for us.

If Everton stay up, more than likely they won’t have another ‘outlier’ season like this one, and will be back to challenging in the 8th-14th tier we’re now part of. Not good for us.

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
Everton for me.. for the amusement alone, but I am also thinking about next season.
I am assuming that this season we will end up, somewhere between 14th and 10th, hopefully with 43+ points. I then consider next season and think that the PL will be increasingly tough for #teamslikebrighton . In this context I see a diminishing opportunity for clubs whose ability to progress will be limited by two factors that we have no control over : financial spending power and "Bigger Club " basket cases who have a mad, disasterous season. Newcastle, Villa, West Ham and maybe Leicester I expect to invest significantly and therefore improve. All of them could be basket cases, but that feels less likely than it has been recently, to me anyway. Wolves look settled again. Leeds - more of a question mark and much will depend on their player activity. The teams coming up you would expect to be bottom half, favourites for relegation which leaves Saints, Palace and ourselves.

A rather long-winded way of suggesting that Burnley staying up might arguably be better for us than Everton who might be a basket case again, but, as last season, could be top 10 with some sensible investment.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yep, Everton going down would be hilarious and Leeds going down even funnier.

Come on plucky little, manager-less Burnley.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Everton for me.. for the amusement alone, but I am also thinking about next season.
I am assuming that this season we will end up, somewhere between 14th and 10th, hopefully with 43+ points. I then consider next season and think that the PL will be increasingly tough for #teamslikebrighton . In this context I see a diminishing opportunity for clubs whose ability to progress will be limited by two factors that we have no control over : financial spending power and "Bigger Club " basket cases who have a mad, disasterous season. Newcastle, Villa, West Ham and maybe Leicester I expect to invest significantly and therefore improve. All of them could be basket cases, but that feels less likely than it has been recently, to me anyway. Wolves look settled again. Leeds - more of a question mark and much will depend on their player activity. The teams coming up you would expect to be bottom half, favourites for relegation which leaves Saints, Palace and ourselves.

A rather long-winded way of suggesting that Burnley staying up might arguably be better for us than Everton who might be a basket case again, but, as last season, could be top 10 with some sensible investment.

All of the above but especially the first line.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Mate of mine is an Everton fan and was an absoloute prick when we didn't win the Championship, and has constantly said we shouldn't be in the Premier League as we are too small a club. For that reason alone I hope Everton do a Pompey/Sunderland/Ipswich etc..

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Everton more likely to be challenging us for the top 10 next season than Burnley, so Everton for the drop please.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't like Burnley.
I have nothing against Everton.

But it would be funny for a big club to go down. I mean an actual big club, not one of your tinpot Leeds type clubs.

So out of the two, I guess Everton.

Although really, Leeds.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

This, saves me copying & pasting more or less same points to a post of mine on the Dyche thread…

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Let me think.

Burnley away.
Racist, homophobic fans (*) and with the exception of the cricket club a veritable desert when it comes to anywhere decent to drink.

(*) Yes, I know it's not all of them, but there are a significant number who continue to behave like complete *****

Everton away.
Few days in Liverpool - great city and a superb place to spend a weekend.

Yes, I get the 'Burnley will continue to be weak next year and Everton won't be' but with a couple of additions we should be looking up, not down next season.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
I think Leeds are as good as safe now anyway, 3 more points should do it, particularly considering Everton's run in.

Would prefer Everton to go down obviously.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'm struggling heavily with this. I have voted for Burnley in the end.

My natural loathing of all supposed bigger clubs makes me want Everton to fall, BUT I admire Everton fans who given the option support the City's second club, rather than their more successful rivals and it must be bloody awful being an Everton fan right now. I also like their old style stadium and think their new proposed stadium looks immense, if it's ever built!

I also like Frank Lampard. I just do. I know it's fashionable to laugh at his failings, but he did a pretty good job at Derby, a decent one at Chelsea before being dumped unfairly and now he has taken on a total shower at Everton. If they go down it won't be his fault but the several years of very bad expensive recruitment.

Burnley on the other hand is a dreadful place to visit, horrible. Their fans are living in the dark ages. They play a form of anti football, although I was impressed when they demolished us 3-0.

I'd rather vote for Leeds to be honest. Where is that option?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here