Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Juan Mata

Drpepper

Nov 23, 2011
Sussex
If we were interested would you take him? 33 very experienced, could be like a moutinho signing for wolves.
I imagine he would like it down here and is also very good friends with Bruno.
Wages could be a problem.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He seems like a good guy but I but I see little value in signing him. Over the hill with quite a bit of margin.

Would be more interesting if Lallana didnt have a contract for another year but he does and I don't see him leaving in the summer.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not even remotely what we need, so no

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we were interested would you take him? 33 very experienced, could be like a moutinho signing for wolves.
"Wages could be a problem" - says it all in a nutshell. So, a big fat 'No'.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Why would we and why would anyone think we would?

Look at our midfield, Mwepu, Caicedo both look fantastic players. We may lose Bissouma this summer but Sarmiento looks an exciting ball playing midfield and then there's Kozlowski at USG. Add in we might be going for Enciso in the summer . Stick with the youth.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
With Adam the llama getting into coaching, Mata would be a progressive step in helping the younger players we're bringing through. I wouldn't be averse to this.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
This has got West Ham and Everton written all over it.

I also reckon the Wankpuffins will have a sniff as a Gallagher replacement - not a like for like replacement as such - more Beaky box office attention seeking.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
No thanks. I’ve been all for Lallana and Welbz. But I don’t see what mata brings that we haven’t already got.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
With Adam the llama getting into coaching, Mata would be a progressive step in helping the younger players we're bringing through. I wouldn't be averse to this.

Well, Adam will most likely the playing for another year and at that point Mata will be 35 and at that point there should be better options if the club wants to bring in some veteran.

Agree some experience is good. Even Ajax do this, they try to have one 30+ player in each position. Currently they have Stekelenburg (40) as backup GK, Daley Blind (32) in defense, Davy Klaassen (29) in midfield and Dusan Tadic (32) up front.
But currently I don't think there is any need for Brighton to bring in more experience - Veltman, Dunk, Lallana, Gross and Welbeck is enough.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Legs have gone, no good in the air and can't tackle back, other than that brilliant.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
No he’d just block our exciting youngsters playing time. Those are no longer local 17 year olds destined for journeyman football league careers, but in their early 20s with proven International experience or elite level local talent who’ve come through many years of a top academy. If we didn’t have Lallana and Welbeck plus if it was 2-3 years ago then probably take him for similar reasons to those two. Provided wages sensible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here