Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Arbroath

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Home of the UK's closest stadium to the sea (it's like 10 metres away, proper jumpers for goalposts stuff), and every chance that they'll be a Scottish Premiership side next season.

I wouldn't normally mention it, but this would be a phenomenal achievement considering they are part time. As a story, it deserves a lot more coverage than it gets.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/table

It's not like they're up against persistent European entrants, yet Kilmarnock, Raith, Inverness Dunfermline etc are all big enough to have played in the top flight and reached the Scottish Cup final in recent years.

If they go up, I'd say that was probably the equivalent of, say, Solihull Moors reaching the League One play-offs or something down here. I hope they do it.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
download.jpg

Blimey, with a bit of a strong breeze they'll have cod and things landing on the pitch.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Home of the UK's closest stadium to the sea (it's like 10 metres away, proper jumpers for goalposts stuff), and every chance that they'll be a Scottish Premiership side next season.

I wouldn't normally mention it, but this would be a phenomenal achievement considering they are part time. As a story, it deserves a lot more coverage than it gets.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/table

It's not like they're up against persistent European entrants, yet Kilmarnock, Raith, Inverness Dunfermline etc are all big enough to have played in the top flight and reached the Scottish Cup final in recent years.

If they go up, I'd say that was probably the equivalent of, say, Solihull Moors reaching the League One play-offs or something down here. I hope they do it.

Would be quite the story. Looking at the fixtures they have left, they've got a key match against Kilmarnock up next. Win that, and they are then in the box seat for the title (likely only need a draw in their final game, as they have a better GD).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thought this was going to be about haddock smokies.

But it's about the plaice and it's football team.

Back of the net has a different meaning up there.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
They've been upstairs before, but not since the 70s. It'd be good to see them back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Having Arbroath in the SPL would be BRILL!

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Great ground. Went twice in Eighties to watch Dundee Utd pre season friendlies as a child.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
More important is that at the other end of the table is the relegation of the Doonhamers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here