Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea v Arsenal

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Thousands of empty seats, are they still not allowed to sell pay per match tickets?

Or are they just going back to being the shithouse, racist, thuggish, mid sized, nothing club that they had been for 100 years before that crook came along?

el punal

It was a rearranged fixture from when they weren't allowed to sell tickets so it was season ticket holders only.

I recently read an article about various clubs’ ticket allocations, particularly season tickets v single match day purchases. The Albion, to the best of my knowledge, have 23,000 STs (inc.1901) out of a capacity of 31,000+. That equates to 74%.
Chelsea apparently have a far smaller percentage figure of season tickets sold relative to capacity. The reason being that many more single match tickets can be sold to ‘tourists’ who would indulge in the hospitality experience and purchase huge amounts of merchandise in the club shop thus boosting overall revenue.

This might explain the reason for the lack of attendance for last night.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It still looked fairly full to me, a few spare seats on the fringes of the lower tier of the stand opposite the TV cameras but other than that it looked packed and the atmosphere didn't seem to suffer for the drop in audience numbers.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
I recently read an article about various clubs’ ticket allocations, particularly season tickets v single match day purchases. The Albion, to the best of my knowledge, have 23,000 STs (inc.1901) out of a capacity of 31,000+. That equates to 74%.
Chelsea apparently have a far smaller percentage figure of season tickets sold relative to capacity. The reason being that many more single match tickets can be sold to ‘tourists’ who would indulge in the hospitality experience and purchase huge amounts of merchandise in the club shop thus boosting overall revenue.

This might explain the reason for the lack of attendance for last night.

Not correct. Hardly any Chelsea home games go to general sale, you have to at least be a member for which I pay £50 a year for the privilege for me and my daughter. Then most games are sold on a loyalty point basis so it's pretty difficult getting tickets for a Chelsea game, even as a long standing member with a good loyalty point score.

Sanctions against Chelsea stopped the club selling any more tickets for last nights game.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Not correct. Hardly any Chelsea home games go to general sale, you have to at least be a member for which I pay £50 a year for the privilege for me and my daughter. Then most games are sold on a loyalty point basis so it's pretty difficult getting tickets for a Chelsea game, even as a long standing member with a good loyalty point score.

Sanctions against Chelsea stopped the club selling any more tickets for last nights game.

So you're one of the fans all the Palace trolls are referring to!

I was wondering who it was that every Palace fan, works with/neighbours/grew up with, that supports Chelsea and us.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
So you're one of the fans all the Palace trolls are referring to!

I was wondering who it was that every Palace fan, works with/neighbours/grew up with, that supports Chelsea and us.

I've never made a secret of it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I've never made a secret of it.

Not calling you out on it.

Just Palace seem convinced that 50% of our season ticket holders are Chelsea fans.
I have never met one myself, (until now) - You must know a hell of a lot of Palace fans!

el punal

Okay, I bow to your knowledge. My brother in law, who lives in America, wanted to watch a Chelsea game. For him to do so required the purchase of a hospitality package which would of cost oodles of dosh. I can only assume therefore that Chelsea farm out these ‘all-in-jobs’ to other ticket/entertainment agencies, or do they keep it in-house?

I understand from what you’ve said about tickets not going out on general sale but instead would be available for Chelsea members - which bears out my point about ticket availability for individual matches. If this is the case would you know the breakdown (%) of season tickets, membership tickets per game? I read that 50% of STs account for Chelsea home attendance - would this be correct?

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
Okay, I bow to your knowledge. My brother in law, who lives in America, wanted to watch a Chelsea game. For him to do so required the purchase of a hospitality package which would of cost oodles of dosh. I can only assume therefore that Chelsea farm out these ‘all-in-jobs’ to other ticket/entertainment agencies, or do they keep it in-house?

I understand from what you’ve said about tickets not going out on general sale but instead would be available for Chelsea members - which bears out my point about ticket availability for individual matches. If this is the case would you know the breakdown (%) of season tickets, membership tickets per game? I read that 50% of STs account for Chelsea home attendance - would this be correct?

Hospitality out of my league...lol...

Chelsea have got 28k season ticket holders with a capacity in the ground of 41800...(at the moment :D:D:D)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

That's because Chelsea support is quite superb, it has come on massively since the mid 90s

https://www.11v11.com/matches/chelsea-v-coventry-city-04-may-1994-21697/

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Far smaller club than Spurs or Arsenal.

Look at their pre dirty-money crowds, even in the PL.

Indeed. I can remember several visits to Stamford Bridge back in the Ken Bates era. A run down stadium with a comparitively modest support.

I'm not sure that their hard core support is much different now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here