Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We lost 3-0 but I am not upset

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
Yes I would have loved us to have got a result tonight but we were against one of the two best teams in the world and we will still have our best ever season in terms of league position.

I have never felt less worried or upset after a 3-0 defeat so if your bladder control isn’t what it was, try not to wet the bed.

Onwards and upwards towards Sunday.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not bothered at all about the result, twas expected to lose, although not by flukes, well, 2 of 3.

Only bothered about absentees and the next game. Stains need a pummelling, by us, and I have concerns. In the grand scheme of the season it matters not, but they need seeing to, good and proper, on our turf. Bissouma is out, and I fear our Belgian maestro may be also a doubt . . . WIll HAiry Porter bring out the young guns?

el punal

For us to beat Liverpool or Man City, arguably the best two teams in the world, you would need either of them to play poorly and for us to be at the top of our game. The chances of that - certainly the former - are remote. We have proved in our recent wins against Arsenal and Spurs that we have the capability of competing with the best. We are progressing, without doubt, and that is probably the most encouraging factor in all of this.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
For us to beat Liverpool or Man City, arguably the best two teams in the world, you would need either of them to play poorly and for us to be at the top of our game. The chances of that - certainly the former - are remote. We have proved in our recent wins against Arsenal and Spurs that we have the capability of competing with the best. We are progressing, without doubt, and that is probably the most encouraging factor in all of this.

You also need your best players on the pitch, Yves’s suspension and Trossard missing pretty much made it a pointless match. You also need some luck, any luck last night went City’s way, although they deserved to win the game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was upset that the first two goals were lucky deflections :shrug:

Who knows what might have happened if they hadn’t got them? The crowd were getting restless and their players were getting frustrated.

No doubt City deserved to win but yeah I was quite upset with the first two goals. The third was quality

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I agree with the OP. We were there and couldn’t fault the workrate, tactics or abilities of the players. We were simply beaten by a clutch of mercenaries. It’s not really football and I have rarely seen anything as sad as City ‘fans’ over celebrating and attempting to rub our noses in it. They were kids so know little of actual Manchester City. That club has gone.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Solid first half but we made mistakes after the break and paid the price. Onwards for Saturday, we need something for the home fans

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We'd have won were it not for the jinxed yellow kit.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Good to see plenty of realism here. I thought City played well and were always as likely to beat our under strength side as they would have been to beat anyone else. I thought that the pressure they put us under made us look worse than we were. Whilst there were more misplaced passes from us than of late, most of these these were forced by City's pressing and not sloppy play with perhaps two main exceptions. Sánchez was fortunate to get away with one in the first half and I thought was at fault with the third goal with a bit of a hospital pass that put Mwepu under unnecessary pressure. Fannying around at the back if you like and an accident waiting to happen. Anyway, the match was lost before the third goal, so he didn't lose us the match. Our first half heroics often chasing shadows I think caused us to lose steam as the match went on. Despite two unfortunately deflected goals, I thought that the result was a fair reflection of a match City dominated. Still, six points from them Arsenal and Spuds all away shows how far we've come, and we should be proud of that.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
At the final whistle I was annoyed at the result then thought,”Get a grip, we just matched a top side for 45 minutes and but for two deflected shots who knows what might have happened.”
They certainly celebrated like they had just won the league.
Strange to feel disappointed after that imo.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The atmosphere when Man City were doing well was good. However I have rarely seen a crowd go so quiet whenever the opposition crossed the halfway line to attack. Not abusive to the opposition,not getting behind their own players. Just nothing. Complete silence. They are a weirdly entitled fanbase who expect total dominance in every part of every game. I prefer football.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Considering how many games we have won away yet never won in the Yellow kit... We'd be idiots to ditch our turquoise kit over the summer

The Hyper Turq kit will be the third kit next season.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I imagine Potter would've played Webster, Bissouma & Trossard from the start if possible. All 3 would improve our style and fluidity so playing the champions without them was always a huge task. Man City were the better side and deserved the win but on a different day all 3 goals could've been avoided suggesting we did many thing right. But most importantly Liverpool do not have the advantage in the title race

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
At the final whistle I was annoyed at the result then thought,”Get a grip, we just matched a top side for 45 minutes and but for two deflected shots who knows what might have happened.”
They certainly celebrated like they had just won the league.
Strange to feel disappointed after that imo.

We struggle to score goals, we know that, you get the odd deflected goal when you continually hit the target, not the back of the stand.

To do it though, you need players like Sterling, 75 league goals over the past 6 years, Mahrez 50 goals past 5 years, De Bruyne 30 goals past 3 years, Bernardo 23 goals past 4 years etc. etc. They have subs who regularly score 10 a season. That is the gulf. You can hold them and catch them on a bad day, but even if you've got the better of the match, they don't squander many chances.

It's actually interesting though, they've dropped points in just 8 games this season, but only to 4 teams; Liverpool, Spurs, Palace and Southampton. All 4 sides are undefeated to ManCity this season. Spurs did the double over them. Maybe there is a way of getting in their heads a bit, maybe it's just the way the cookie crumbles, like us in some games, they missed a whole host of chances at Selhurst recently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here