Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We've come a long way

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Interesting reading the view from Paul Parker following Fulham's promotion last night:albion2:

'Brighton would rip them apart'
Paul Parker, who played for the club from 1982 to 1987 before returning for a brief spell 10 years later, feels plenty will have to change if they want to avoid the drop.

"Fulham need to alter how they want to play, they play with a very slow tempo," he said.

"They would get ripped apart by a team like Brighton, they press and move it very quickly through the midfield - Fulham have got a long way to go.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think for me this kind of confirms that the opinion of our team outside the club is very different from the reality of how our team actually plays. Any team which plays slowly against us is likely to prevent us being able to do anything against them. What we require is a team to attack us and then we can spring out like a caged animal - that's how we should set ourselves up, rather than the all-possession no-scoring vision that our manager has.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
Interesting reading the view from Paul Parker following Fulham's promotion last night:albion2:

'Brighton would rip them apart'
Paul Parker, who played for the club from 1982 to 1987 before returning for a brief spell 10 years later, feels plenty will have to change if they want to avoid the drop.

"Fulham need to alter how they want to play, they play with a very slow tempo," he said.

"They would get ripped apart by a team like Brighton, they press and move it very quickly through the midfield - Fulham have got a long way to go.

Your user name reminded me that Leslie Phillips is 98 today :lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not if Fulham stick everyone behind the ball and wait for a quick break :wink:

I don't actually remember the last time we ripped a team apart. I have seen us threaten it though it hasn't happened yet. Maybe tonight :lolol:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Parker's had a bit of a shocker there. We've played four EPL games against Fulham in their last two relegation seasons. We've yet to beat them, losing one and drawing three.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think for me this kind of confirms that the opinion of our team outside the club is very different from the reality of how our team actually plays. Any team which plays slowly against us is likely to prevent us being able to do anything against them. What we require is a team to attack us and then we can spring out like a caged animal - that's how we should set ourselves up, rather than the all-possession no-scoring vision that our manager has.

I actually think the opposite. That we are far better than our own fans give us credit for. We're 10th in the Premier League. The 10th best team in the entire country. Of course we'd beat Fulham (obvioulsy we wouldn't rip them apart, because we don't do that).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think for me this kind of confirms that the opinion of our team outside the club is very different from the reality of how I see how our team actually plays. Any team which plays slowly against us is likely to prevent us being able to do anything against them. What we require is a team to attack us and then we can spring out like a caged animal - that's how we should set ourselves up, rather than the all-possession no-scoring vision that our manager has.

You have an opinion, it's not fact.

I can't be bothered to go through it all, but our problem hasn't been a lack of chances, whether against Norwich or Chelsea. We undoubtedly have difficulty scoring, but we caught a break against Spurs, and took our chances against Arsenal. We've missed equal chances to these in too many games, but it doesn't make it an 'all-possession no-scoring vision'. No scoring is a consequence of poor finishing, not a result of having possession of the ball.

For some on these boards the only conclusion to us not scoring is having the ball too much in the right areas. It's an absolute nonsense. In my opinion like.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I actually think the opposite. That we are far better than our own fans give us credit for. We're 10th in the Premier League. The 10th best team in the entire country. Of course we'd beat Fulham (obvioulsy we wouldn't rip them apart, because we don't do that).

Maybe away, we do tend to do well there. At home I think it's a stretch to be confident we'd win. Battered by Burnley and easily frustrated by Norwich. If only we could play Watford every week.

We're an away team.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Parker's had a bit of a shocker there. We've played four EPL games against Fulham in their last two relegation seasons. We've yet to beat them, losing one and drawing three.

Indeed. I'm still scarred from the last time I went to The Cottage. Cruising it 0-2 up at ht only to lose 4-2 in the freezing bloody cold. One team did get ripped apart that night, and it sure as hell wasn't Fulham. :down:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I agree apart from the bit in brackets. Last season and the early part of this one we were ripping opponents apart but not scoring many goals. Depends how you define it I suppose.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here