NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As it says

I have warmed to Owen Jones of late

Over to you

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Steve Coppell I suppose I warmed to, having once sang some pretty disrespectful songs about him

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Jeremy Clarkson.

I loved Top Gear in it's heyday, but found it increasingly 'samey' in its latter years and found Clarkson really annoying - almost like he was being a self-parody catering to the right-wing 'boomer' audience.

However, 'Clarkson's Farm' threw a completely new light on him.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Paging [MENTION=34997]Your Mum[/MENTION]

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
I don't think they share a single thing in common other than tory party membership.

Whilst I'd never vote for them, I can see past that, he seems like a decent human being.

Major's government was repeatedly mired in sleeze and scandals - even more so than the Tory shambles that exists now - it was the main reason Blair was able to win the election in 1997

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think they share a single thing in common other than tory party membership.

Whilst I'd never vote for them, I can see past that, he seems like a decent human being.

My dislike of him has nothing to do with him being Tory and everything to do with him being SURREY *

* Actually, I don't dislike him. I'd happily have a glass of wine and watch a match at The Oval with him. He was the last Tory I ever voted for.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Jeremy Clarkson.

I loved Top Gear in it's heyday, but found it increasingly 'samey' in its latter years and found Clarkson really annoying - almost like he was being a self-parody catering to the right-wing 'boomer' audience.

However, 'Clarkson's Farm' threw a completely new light on him.

Richard Hammond.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My dislike of him has nothing to do with him being Tory and everything to do with him being SURREY *

* Actually, I don't dislike him. I'd happily have a glass of wine and watch a match at The Oval with him. He was the last Tory I ever voted for.

I have indeed shared a number of glasses of wine with him and a few curries (but not that one). I used to help him licence his charity events at his home. He is a very nice person from very a humble background.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Michael Portillo

Oh good call. As a politician I hated him; he was the living embodiment of a Thatcherite scumbag. That moment in the 1997 election when he lost his seat (Enfield South?) was THE single greatest moment of a fabulous night. I can still remember the waves of exultant joy that swept through me as they announced the result. "Have some of that you unspeakable Tory tosser!" I yelled ecstatically at the TV.

Now I think he's a warm and engaging presenter and I absolutely love his TV shows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here