Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Brighton & Hove Council Parking Permit- Grrrr

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So, I've got a different car now and I realise I need to change me permit.

I go online and go through 'Change of vehicle'.

It tells me to cut my old permit up into four pieces and post the picture. I do so.

It then tells me it wants various proofs of address and the V5 document. I only have the new keepers supplement at present. So I cannot do it.

So I am left with a permit that has been cut up....

It has a section for temporary permits that I then go through. It allows me to put in the new registration and places the car on my account as having a temporary permit. The old car was sold on.

But the car is sitting outside with no permit in the window.

So, I'm thinking I'll get a ticket. I assume some of the NSC great and good may have been through this. Can anyone let me know what the process is as the council site is useless, the parking team work short hours with long call waits and can only help fill in forms apparently.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
diid you take a photo of permit? print out a spare or stick it back together

I never trash anything until I'm sure of replacement, be it a card, pass or car/bike component.

have bought/sold a few cars in thhe last 2 years, all docs done on line and very quick, literally 3 days for a V5 . . .and an email within 24 hrs.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
diid you take a photo of permit? print out a spare or stick it back together

I never trash anything until I'm sure of replacement, be it a card, pass or car/bike component.

Yeah, but the change of vehicle thingy told me to cut it up ! Not sure I can print out a spare and the council page clearly states you can only place a permit in the vehicle to which it applies which has been sold on.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
you should be fine, put a notice on saying you have a temp permit as vehicle change. They should check when they go to issue the ticket that the temp permit is valid.

I believe the actual permits are a visual aid for the wardens, so they dont have to check each vehicle, and when they put the reg in their machines it should tell them it has a valid permit

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Same thing happened to me last year, I ended up buying a bunch of visitor permits that I used until the real permit turned up weeks later! Was in the middle of pandemic mind but I think all companies you deal with used that excuse.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Same thing happened to me last year, I ended up buying a bunch of visitor permits that I used until the real permit turned up weeks later! Was in the middle of pandemic mind but I think all companies you deal with used that excuse.

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

This is the problem.

I got through to the helpline after ages of waiting. The chap who answered was super helpful. On the site you can register a car for a temporary permit while everything is being sorted. It doesn't need to be displayed as the wardens are notified.

I've left a long monologue of feedback explaining that the site isn't clear enough on what to do. Residents should have things properly explained, like this chap did.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here