Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Back in Garth's good books

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Trossard makes Garth's team of the week, with the pundit's pundit also heaping praise on our bearded maestro...

Leandro Trossard: Just when you think Tottenham look like a team who have rid themselves of such rampant inconsistency, Brighton come along and remind you that not much has changed after all. Spurs were awful and if they couldn't win the game they were perfectly entitled not to lose it. Trossard provided a warning last week when he scored against Arsenal and put their fight for fourth place on skid row. To predict Trossard doing the same to Spurs days later would have been a stretch, but that's precisely what happened. Brighton's performances under Graham Potter have been extraordinary. Good English managers in the Premier League are in short supply. The big question now is how long can Brighton keep him.​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61135951

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Trossard makes Garth's team of the week, with the pundit's pundit also heaping praise on our bearded maestro...

Leandro Trossard: Just when you think Tottenham look like a team who have rid themselves of such rampant inconsistency, Brighton come along and remind you that not much has changed after all. Spurs were awful and if they couldn't win the game they were perfectly entitled not to lose it. Trossard provided a warning last week when he scored against Arsenal and put their fight for fourth place on skid row. To predict Trossard doing the same to Spurs days later would have been a stretch, but that's precisely what happened. Brighton's performances under Graham Potter have been extraordinary. Good English managers in the Premier League are in short supply. The big question now is how long can Brighton keep him.​

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61135951

Eh? The only truly sage comments from that over-stuffed sausage of an 'expert' relate to the amount of the herb in his favourite bangers.

It's nice to know that clubs like Spurs are "perfectly entitled not to lose" despite being awful.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Eh? The only truly sage comments from that over-stuffed sausage of an 'expert' relate to the amount of the herb in his favourite bangers.

It's nice to know that clubs like Spurs are "perfectly entitled not to lose" despite being awful.

This. Perfectly entitled because they're a 'Big 6 Club' only?

Fortunately GPott and the boys didn't get the memo that we weren't entitled to win, only draw or lose.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
His last sentence is absolutely spot on imo :down:

Unlike some on here I think we’ll really struggle to replace him and I don’t expect him to be here next season following the end of season sit down with TB and PB when he will be told how complicated everything is. He deserves a shot at a club who’ll back him for a run at crashing the top four, just imo

Understandably, we are not that club

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

....... and Spurs losing because they were awful. Obviously the far more incisive analysis on MOTD (yes really, on MOTD!) were way beyongd the comprehension of the over-stuffed sausage (thumbs up for that description by the way).

Last edited:

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Lucky enough to be there in person on Saturday and must say that I thought that Bissouma was absolutely immense and his, ranks as one of the best performances that I have seen live.

I didn't watch any of the FA Cup match on Sunday, but Mount and Loftus Cheek must have been absolutely out of this world to get in that Team ahead of our Yves.....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Unlike some on here I think we’ll really struggle to replace him and I don’t expect him to be here next season following the end of season sit down with TB and PB when he will be told how complicated everything is. He deserves a shot at a club who’ll back him for a run at crashing the top four, just imo

I disagree, it's been patchy this season, last 2 wins are great but the season is only a marginal improvement . . . . He needs a bit more consistency

Assuming he was approached who do you think it might be ?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Crooks is a boggle-eyed bottom feeder of a journalist. He rarely has anything to say that is of interest and his comment about Spurs being entitled not to lose sums it up. Even his compliments come across as disingenuous.

As for Potter, not sure too many clubs will be serious about acquiring him just yet, another season with us and if it's a successful one then I can possibly see other clubs coming in for him. But then if we start finishing mid/top half of the table, outside the big 6, why would he leave?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I disagree, it's been patchy this season, last 2 wins are great but the season is only a marginal improvement . . . . He needs a bit more consistency

This is the key question IMO.

GP is a down to earth and shrewd man.
He isn't going to be concerned about the "ceiling" at BHA and storm off, a la Gus.
He knows the set up here is ideal for him to continually remain in the limelight, until the right club come knocking.

When that happens, he will be off no doubt. But he won't jump at the first opportunity from any club with a bit of cash to burn,

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I reckon we'll keep hold of him until 2024, when he'll step into Southgate's England shoes.

Yes and no.

His team have pooped the bed too often every season he's been a top flight manager.
The squad (striker aside - naturally) will be incredibly well set next season to finally iron out the gremlins.

I think it would have to be a monumental offer to get him to leave this summer.
Whereas I think he'll back himself to be in a position to pick any team he likes, in 12 months time.

England won't be one of them.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

If Leicester don’t pull their fingers out, Rodgers could get the sack

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Sarmiento in due course perhaps?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lucky enough to be there in person on Saturday and must say that I thought that Bissouma was absolutely immense and his, ranks as one of the best performances that I have seen live.

I didn't watch any of the FA Cup match on Sunday, but Mount and Loftus Cheek must have been absolutely out of this world to get in that Team ahead of our Yves.....

Spurs STH pal of mine said pretty much the same (through gritted teeth, then asked how much we wanted for him - I said he deserved CL football so probably won’t be going anywhere in North London)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Two Swallows don’t make a summer, the home form is still dire let’s see if there is an improvement on Sunday. We’ve done this before good performances at top half clubs away and then gone back to type during a run of home games.

He’s still very much learning he earned some respect saying he made a mistake not playing young Moses earlier in the season personally I think he will see the contract out TB backed him with.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Cash aside thats not really a step up is it?

Recent PL winners, still in Europe, better players, better history, bigger budget, yeah I’d say that is quite a big step up personally.

However some still seem to think he’s the Emperor’s New Clothes so maybe they’re right and he’ll be here forever or until TB sacks him :shrug:

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
What does “perfectly entitled not to lose” actually mean, anyway”?

Whatever it means, I believe it only applies when one of the wantawaywankers of the big 6 play "teams like Brighton"™

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Leandro Trossard
- On winning team CHECK
- Scored a goal CHECK
- Allows me to comment on a big 6 team CHECK

He meets all the criteria for a place in Garth's Team of the Week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here