Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] "Single file you lycra clad twats"

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Observed this message on a home-made sign on the way up to Devil's Dyke yesterday for the National Trust Easter trail (not a patch on previous years, sadly).

I'm neither #TeamCar nor #TeamBike or, perhaps, I'm both but it made me laugh then and it still does as I type this.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Single file is harder to pass. Why don’t these anti-cyclist freaks realise that? (I’m not a Lycra clad cyclist)

Not really. Many times I have waited behind cyclists traveling side by side, too slowly to prevent a traffic build up and too fast to safely overtake. They tend to be deep in conversation whilst oblivious to anybody else. I have also encountered many examples of selfish car driving. Doesn’t make me an ‘anti cyclist freak’ to point out the truth.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Not really. Many times I have waited behind cyclists traveling side by side, too slowly to prevent a traffic build up and too fast to safely overtake. They tend to be deep in conversation whilst oblivious to anybody else. I have also encountered many examples of selfish car driving. Doesn’t make me an ‘anti cyclist freak’ to point out the truth.

Run them over. It's only fair.

They shouldn't be hogging the road, delaying drivers from getting on with more important things.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if cyclists reduce the nations GDP by a few percentage points.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Doesn't the highway code now say groups of cyclists should ride 2 abreast? It makes sense because not only does it make anyone overtaking move right over to the other lane and they're also in the oncoming lane for less time.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Doesn't the highway code now say groups of cyclists should ride 2 abreast? It makes sense because not only does it make anyone overtaking move right over to the other lane and they're also in the oncoming lane for less time.

Makes sense because car drivers are now supposed to pass cyclists in the oncoming lane as though the cyclists were traveling at car speed.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Makes sense because car drivers are now supposed to pass cyclists in the oncoming lane as though the cyclists were traveling at car speed.

It's nothing to do with the cyclists speed but their safety. You're meant to give cyclists as much room as a car when overtaking. I'm a car driver, not a cyclist by the way.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

You still have to pull into oncoming traffic to overtake (or you’re too close) and you have to be there longer to overtake if they’re in single file. It’s pretty simple really.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Run them over. It's only fair.

They shouldn't be hogging the road, delaying drivers from getting on with more important things.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if cyclists reduce the nations GDP by a few percentage points.

They don’t even pay road tax, not that anyone does, but you get my drift.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
To be fair I've never witnessed cyclists riding double breasted on the beacon.

The vast majority are snaking around so much it's taking the space of 3 bikes, they'd be on the floor in the first 10m of hill if another bike was in that space next to them.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's nothing to do with the cyclists speed but their safety. You're meant to give cyclists as much room as a car when overtaking. I'm a car driver, not a cyclist by the way.

I know that. It’s what I was saying. My reference to their speed was to emphasize that is what you now have to do regardless of speed. I am neither a car driver nor a cyclist these days but am very aware of how sensitive both often are about their modes of transport. Hence Bozza’s mischievous thread :)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Not when I'm in my lorry. Wankers deliberately ride side by side just to stop lorries getting past.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Straight to the front of level crossings and then a slow wobbly ride through the village I live near, with zero consideration and other than running them down no chance of getting past. , **** ‘em

These are seldom lycra clad twats, mostly old people who have too much time on their hands

3BE6C391-0CE0-496C-B69C-F13E0428369F.jpeg

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Quick question, should one be morally obliged to run over anyone out on a recumbent cycle. They always have a beard along with their silly flag, and I bet they can drone on for hours about their better seating position for power etc.:tosser::tosser::tosser::D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here