Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fury vs Whyte

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Anyone paying the £24.95 on here?

Even with a 95,000 sell out Frank Warren and Co must be sweating on X amount of buys given they started the whole promotion at -$41million?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Weighing it up.

Don’t have IPTV and £25 is probably the cost of the first round of drinks if I go out with mates to watch it but it does feel expensive for such a mismatch.

Chances are I’ll pay at the last minute because my son will want to watch it as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Weighing it up.

Don’t have IPTV and £25 is probably the cost of the first round of drinks if I go out with mates to watch it but it does feel expensive for such a mismatch.

Chances are I’ll pay at the last minute because my son will want to watch it as well

Mismatch? You reckon?
There’s a lot of hype around Fury.
Whyte is a seasoned competitor and knows this is his one opportunity.
Most likely outcome is an ugly grappling match with a lot of holding, and Fury wins.
If Fury is having an off night, which happens fairly often, Whyte has a great chance.

To answer the OP’s question. I haven’t paid for a boxing PPV for a few years because the radio coverage is so good.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Will pay and make an evening of it. It's cheaper than going out. Nearest place to us would be 11 quids on bus fares before we even start drinking

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
There's 8 of us getting together for this so we all chip in £3 and bring some beers along. Should be a cheap evening while it lasts.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
With the Kinahan stuff and Bob Arum getting COVID (yeah right) will be interesting to see what happens with this fight on the night and the fallout after. The maths don't make sense on the fight at all and with what we now know .... ?

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Weighing it up.

Whilst Fury is clearly a far better boxer this will be a really competitive fight imo. Whyte will throw the kitchen sink at it and we've seen recently that Fury is looking for KO's. Beyond AJ and Usyk, Whyte is probably the most dangerous opponent Fury could find himself in the ring against.

Well worth £25 when compared to a ton of AJ PPVs vs tomato cans.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
With the Kinahan stuff and Bob Arum getting COVID (yeah right) will be interesting to see what happens with this fight on the night and the fallout after. The maths don't make sense on the fight at all and with what we now know .... ?

Its pretty certain that Fury would have agreed a purse in advance of the bid so Frank could then bid much higher knowing his cap was a much lower price. Fury would have loved that Frank beat Hearn in that bid and that they have total control of the event.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
No.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The undercard is just utter pony.

My first thought, but then if you look closer it’s a number of up and coming fighters so hopefully they won’t be up against Bulgarian binmen or Mexican roadsweepers, but opponents who will put a shift in.

Lowe vs Ball is a real pick ‘em fight.

Unfortunately when you’ve spent that amount of money on the main event the budget for the undercard was always going to be limited.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What do you mean?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/cri...s-worldwide-sanctions-tyson-fury-b993907.html

https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/i...g-firm-denied-links-to-mob-boss-41558560.html

Pretty unprecedented in terms of sanctions against an individual that isn’t political. Daniel Kinahan has been attempting to sports wash through boxing via various companies for a long time now. Not just Fury he’s pretty much been involved with everyone at any level in boxing

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
No. And I usually get most boxing PPVs. I've even had Fury's PPVs in the past albeit mostly in the hope that his opponent would turn the misogynistic homophobe's lights out.

But with Fury's association with Kinahan I certainly won't be contributing to Fury's (and Kinahan's) riches.

I hope that Whyte gets the job done.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
I will say definitely no all week and then at about half nine on Saturday will give in and pay.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Question on watching the fight-

I have a Roku stick with the BT Sport app installed. Will there be a way to pay for the fight and watch it through this app (I don't have a BT Sport subscription but would pay for the fight as a one off)? Or do I need to have it playing on a web browser e.g. on my iphone and airplay to the Roku stick?

Any advice much appreciated

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here