Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Amusing and pleasing

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, today is the day that confirms Portsmouth as a lower league tin pot outfit for yet ANOTHER season.

Raise a glass to our lower-league nothing-club chums from along the coast, in their comedy 1980s ground managed by a couple of useless PE teachers.

#StayingDownForever. #SouthCoastWorstTeam and of course #Twats.

Lovely.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes, today is the day that confirms Portsmouth as a lower league tin pot outfit for yet ANOTHER season.

Raise a glass to our lower-league nothing-club chums from along the coast, in their comedy 1980s ground managed by a couple of useless PE teachers.

#StayingDownForever. #SouthCoastWorstTeam and of course #Twats.

Lovely.

This is, indeed, a beautiful thing.

Christ, they've been in our shadow for so long now I'd almost forgotten how much I hate them. Thanks for the timely reminder.

On the day that Wayne Rooney's Derby got relegated due to a ;last minute equalizer in a 4-4 draw by Tinpot Reading, and produced a 179 strong list of blame names that included Bobby Zamora, 2 Unlimted and [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] this is actually the funniest football thing to happen today.

Also nice of the footballing gods to space out our beating of Tottenham, the Nigels losing a semi final and this news into three consecutive days.

Good times :salute:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I would have preferred Pompey #twats get to the play offs.

Their record in the play offs is second to none, 10 ties played in 5 different play offs, not a single, solitary win.
Not one, zilch, nada, zero.

It is comedy gold to see them screw it up , not once, not twice but every single time.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Their current plight though does emphasize how careful you have to be with your finances.

For those calling out for us to spunk millions on new strikers (as much as we'd all like to see a new face or two come in), we have to be careful not to do a Pompey. For that, in Tony we trust.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Their current plight though does emphasize how careful you have to be with your finances.

For those calling out for us to spunk millions on new strikers (as much as we'd all like to see a new face or two come in), we have to be careful not to do a Pompey. For that, in Tony we trust.

Well at least we know TB exists, unlike at least one Pompey owner.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I would have preferred Pompey #twats get to the play offs.

Their record in the play offs is second to none, 10 ties played in 5 different play offs, not a single, solitary win.
Not one, zilch, nada, zero.

It is comedy gold to see them screw it up , not once, not twice but every single time.

Yes, I do much prefer their annual bid to avoid the play off final by actually participating in the play offs.

This not making the play-offs at all business is rather dull.

Still, we may have a Sunderland meltdown to watch this year. I do rather hope Ipswich Town find their way out of there soon though. That one's not funny anymore.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Happy day!!

I still remember that game in 1984.The rain,the old bill, being locked in the ground while they continued to play the radio highlights over the tannoy AND Willie Young!! The hurt never goes away.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011

Yep, quite a few clubs struggling for years after unsuccessful bids to stay up/get promoted. We went mighty close to losing our club in the Archer/Stanley/Bellotti era and must remain wary of the idea that big spending guarantees success - unless it's super big and I think all the petro crooks are used up.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Happy day!!

I still remember that game in 1984.The rain,the old bill, being locked in the ground while they continued to play the radio highlights over the tannoy AND Willie Young!! The hurt never goes away.

Well, at least Hallo Dandy won the National that day.

1-0 up at half time, the joyous news, then came the rain and five goals in about twenty minutes.

I'll never forget the ten year olds in the pen beside us jumping up and down giving us the middle finger. They clearly start them young.

It was only my second away match.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields

1-0 up at half time, the joyous news, then came the rain and five goals in about twenty minutes.

I'll never forget the ten year olds in the pen beside us jumping up and down giving us the middle finger. They clearly start them young.

Ian Muir's only start with us I seem to remember

Whatever happened to him?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Pompey having another year on league 1?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Twats

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Pompey is one I sometimes internally debate, would I trade a BHA FA Cup win for a subsequent decade plus in the footballing doldrums? As Palace fans found out yesterday, as we did a few years back against City, winning any major silverware is almost impossible for clubs of our stature these days, and while I appreciate that Pompey’s was financial mismanagement etc. I have to say I would take that deal. As the history books show: PFC FA Cups 2, BHA 0

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere

If that's the one when Mark Hatley scored a hat rick or at least two I was there. Fratton park = KRAP NOTTARF:lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pompey is one I sometimes internally debate, would I trade a BHA FA Cup win for a subsequent decade plus in the footballing doldrums? As Palace fans found out yesterday, as we did a few years back against City, winning any major silverware is almost impossible for clubs of our stature these days, and while I appreciate that Pompey’s was financial mismanagement etc. I have to say I would take that deal. As the history books show: PFC FA Cups 2, BHA 0

Wigan, Brum, Swansea, Boro and Pompey won cups in a never-to-be-repeated period when the ‘big 6’ obsessed with EPL placings over everything else.

Trophies in the cabinet, can never be taken away.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

until we win something they will always have the last laugh

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Wednesday
Sunderland
Derby
Pompey
Bolton
Ipswich
Charlton

All in league 1 to serve as a reminder on how not to run a football club

Sake, don't call it in. Sunderland and the Wendies are in with a shout of a play off return.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not to mention a couple of League Championships!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here