Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Turbo Charged Singing the Blues

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Might this be the best "singing the blues" weekend in quite a while? I can't honestly think of a better weekend for football all season.

Fill your boots if you want to read a load of Nigels crying

And as for Wilf......

[TWEET]1370780328793620480[/TWEET]

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
It was a dreadful performance by them. Not a single shot on target. Total anti football. Shows how much they rely on Gallagher. Can’t believe they didn’t give it a real go.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It was a dreadful performance by them. Not a single shot on target. Total anti football. Shows how much they rely on Gallagher. Can’t believe they didn’t give it a real go.

They might have been shite, but they did have a shot on target. Kouyotae in the first half.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Thought Vieira got everything wrong today. Not a criticism but he got it all wrong. Bringing benteke on was a killer blow.”

:facepalm:

“We had some appalling behavior from a few Palace fans in block 552. What is with twats who pay £65 for a ticket and spend the game just looking at Chelsea fans abusing them. Absolute MORONS”

no change there

“ Just got home. That was a bit flat to be honest. Chelsea are a horrible club with horrible fans, not fun losing to them but can’t complain about the result.”

Hard to disagree even if it’s a Palace fan

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
PS the tweet about Wilf and fist bumping etc is after a match from last year…

PPS that said he did likewise today. Apologised to fans afterwards on his Insta.,

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ccd2NpKMy5k/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

You're right. I'll have to check the dates on my Twitter search results a bit better than that. But he was straight off down the tunnel yesterday, no handshakes or fist bumps, you could see him slink off in the background of one of the shots on TV at the end and it was commented on by numerous Palace, Chelsea and Brighton fans. I just picked the wrong tweet.

Imagine being a special ultra and dressing up in your special uniform of black shirt and board shorts and being ignored by your special player :ffsparr:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're right. I'll have to check the dates on my Twitter search results a bit better than that. But he was straight off down the tunnel yesterday, no handshakes or fist bumps, you could see him slink off in the background of one of the shots on TV at the end and it was commented on by numerous Palace, Chelsea and Brighton fans. I just picked the wrong tweet.

Imagine being a special ultra and dressing up in your special uniform of black shirt and board shorts and being ignored by your special player :ffsparr:

Dunk wouldn't do it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Queueing for doughnuts.

FQiOCB1WQAAAlvT.jpeg

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
What was the difference between how Palace played yesterday and how we did v City? I was disappointed with how we approached that semi-final so I expect a few Palace are today.
It did show how reliant they are on a player who I believe will be playing for his parent club next season, which is quite funny. A Palace fan I know quite well is convinced they are signing Gallagher this summer, utterly deluded.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Reading a few of their twitter posts about how great their support was.

Some seem to think it was more important than trying to win the game, wit the “We owned the Chelsea support “ tweets.
And some so proud they were still waving their flags at the end of a 2-0 defeat.
Didn’t they tell us you shouldn’t celebrate a last minute equaliser?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Queueing for doughnuts.

View attachment 147052

Nearly twenty years ago, when I was living in Taipei City, the first ever Western style doughnut shop opened in the ex-pat suburb of Tien Mu to much publicity and fervour.

Every weekend, for a few months, the shop had a huge queue outside of badly and mostly identically dressed teenagers talking into mobile phones or posing (as it was the place to be seen), who were about to part with a large sum of money for not very much.

I assume this is a recreation?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What was the difference between how Palace played yesterday and how we did v City? I was disappointed with how we approached that semi-final so I expect a few Palace are today.
It did show how reliant they are on a player who I believe will be playing for his parent club next season, which is quite funny. A Palace fan I know quite well is convinced they are signing Gallagher this summer, utterly deluded.

It is the big problem with having loan players.
If they have a really successful season with you, you can't afford to sign them at the end of it.

Would guess he's a £60m player now.
Palace aren't anywhere near that level these days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nearly twenty years ago, when I was living in Taipei City, the first ever Western style doughnut shop opened in the ex-pat suburb of Tien Mu to much publicity and fervour.

Every weekend, for a few months, the shop had a huge queue outside of badly and mostly identically dressed teenagers talking into mobile phones or posing (as it was the place to be seen), who were about to part with a large sum of money for not very much.

I assume this is a recreation?

24 hours earlier I was stood on that very same pavement.

Imagine the rush I'm feeling now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here